PDA

View Full Version : We've Lost Another Rehabber

island rehabber
06-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Friends, I received this tonight from our beloved member Anne in Jacksonville FL; she asked that I post this for her.

To all my friends and loved ones: It is with a heavy heart that I report that I am leaving rehabbing. It has become too difficult on many fronts for me to continue to take in what has been my heart for many years. There are many issues behind this decision. I will continue while I can to care for my NRs, Flyers and the little ones in my care now. I will not be able to take in any new babies this summer and fall. I never thought this day would come-I always envisioned stopping by having a pinkie squirrel pried out of my cold-ing dead fingers. I will be lurking on the board and be available by phone to help with advice if needed. As Bob Hope used to say, "Thanks for the memories". Anne B. Miller

While so many others were louder and needier, Anne rarely reminded us that she struggled every day to continue rehabbing, with all her health concerns and her son's as well. She worked so quietly behind the scenes that we all even forgot her birthday this year. I am so sad, and ashamed about that. We have lost a good one. The babies will suffer for sure, without her loving arms to offer rescue.
Love you, Anne....

:Cry

astra
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
:sad :grouphug

Sweet Simon's Mommy
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Anne ..I totally understand why you are making this very difficult decision.
I am one of the blessed few to have met you.
You have sacrificed so much to save so many...
If there is anything I can do Please let me know..
:grouphug

Nancy in New York
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
This is such a sad day, for so many reasons, hearing this news.
I'm sure her decision was not made lightly.
Just seeing her on the board brings a smile to my face.
Love you Anne....you are in my thoughts and prayers.
:Love_Icon :grouphug :Love_Icon

Maura, I too am ashamed that I never thought of Anne as
far as sending a little something, or just helping out in some
small way. And you are right, she quietly works behind the scenes....
yet she is one of the first people you think of when there is trouble in
Florida,:shakehead
or a little racoon that needs help anywhere, you know that she will have the answer.

SammysMom
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
:grouphug Anne:grouphug

BamaHam
06-14-2012, 10:08 PM
:thankyou :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

HRT4SQRLS
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
:eek: Oh Anne, This news makes me so sad. I want to say thanks for the time that you spent on the phone with me. I loved talking 'squirrel' with you and just, in general, enjoyed your humor. I can't even imagine how many animals you rescued and rehabbed over the years. If I can do anything for you, please let me know. You have my number. And don't forget, I still have your number too :Phone2 and I'm NOT afraid to use it.

I understand your decision but if you ever change your mind, there will always be babies that need you.:Squirrel Love you Anne!

Chickenlegs
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm so grateful to have met you live and in person and thanks for continuing to be there for advice and your always loving support. Please be kind to yourself and let all of us know if we can help YOU. :Love_Icon

djarenspace9
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh Anne, this is definitely a loss to the rehab community, but I am sure this difficult decision had to be made if you've reached it.

I really hope you stay in touch because your experience and support is of great value.
Let us know if you need your friends for anything. :tilt

Jackie in Tampa
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
:grouphug love you Anne..
It's time you are on the recieving end...
:poke time for someone to rehab you!:D
Get a scritchen under your arm and a few meals a day,
someone to change out your fleece, crack your nuts and trim your teeth..
you've done your time...:bowdown
put your feet up, pop open a book and nap when ever you want.:grouphug
Good to see you flew the coop!

Garden71
06-15-2012, 04:05 AM
So sorry that you have to leave rehabbing. :(

But thank GOD you are still going to stay on the TSB.
:bowdown

I have a lot more to learn about our little ones and the first place I go if I have a question is TSB.
:bowdown :grouphug
:thankyou

pappy1264
06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Anne, I can only imagine how hard it was to make this decision. You need to take care of YOU now. I, too, hope you will hang around, your knowledge will always be needed, but even more importantly, your friendship. You have helped so many over the years. My heart goes out to you, as I know this is not a decision you came to lightly or easily. Be well, my friend, and please stay close. We all love you and will always need you here!

stosh2010
06-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Anne,My LONG-DISTANCE friend....
Thanks for EVERYTHING... ( I Think That Covers It...ha ! )
TSB is a Better Place--because you were in it.( and will continue to be-as a consultant...)____________________________________ ________________________________________________
If you manage to take time for a vacation--make it Costa Rica...west coast...way up North...Guanacaste province...on the Pacific Ocean...the Realm of the KING...Rama wants to meet ya and CRUISER...well he wants to meet everybody....Your Room Awaits...Third Floor...private bath...Quiet & beautiful...JUST what you need to unwind...PM me when you buy your plane tickets--It's a big country...but plan on a few days --at least--with us.P.S. I'm a great cook.

JLM27
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Anne, I can't imagine the Board without you. Please stay on and kibbitz (like me). We need your wisdom and experience to coach the ones coming along.

I totally understand this second "retirement". I have a friend that just went through the same thing at age 89. If there is anything I can do to help just PM me and we'll do it.

Jackie in Tampa
06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Anne,My LONG-DISTANCE friend....
Thanks for EVERYTHING... ( I Think That Covers It...ha ! )
TSB is a Better Place--because you were in it.( and will continue to be-as a consultant...)____________________________________ ________________________________________________
If you manage to take time for a vacation--make it Costa Rica...west coast...way up North...Guanacaste province...on the Pacific Ocean...the Realm of the KING...Rama wants to meet ya and CRUISER...well he wants to meet everybody....Your Room Awaits...Third Floor...private bath...Quiet & beautiful...JUST what you need to unwind...PM me when you buy your plane tickets--It's a big country...but plan on a few days --at least--with us.P.S. I'm a great cook.
I JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHT, YA COMIN' ANNE?
J/K but I wished I weren't!
ya sold me Stosh!:thumbsup

Skul
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Well, poop. :(

jfischer
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I did not know you Anne, but read everthing you have posted on the SB and respected you so much. Just knowing you will still be around on the SB is still a blessing.

I truely believe when one door closes another will open.

May God Bless you and Keep you.

virgo062
06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Anne I totally understand your decision you will be missed:grouphug

sleeping koala
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Take care Anne !

SK

Rhapsody
06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
:grouphug YOU will be MISSED!! :grouphug

Scooterzmom
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
It breaks my heat to see you go :sad but I have absolutely no doubt it was not an easy choice for you to make and I do respect it. You will be missed, very much so. :grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

kcassidy
06-16-2012, 01:19 PM
How sad, this is such a thankless job in so many ways, I've only been doing it for 3 years and that was with a 2 year break in between and I can see how it wears you down.

Anne along with some others were so helpful with my teeny Opossum's she called me and and talked me thru the tube feeding. I've only "known" her a short time but she has been very helpful. Please pass on my best wishes and also my complete understanding.

Good job Anne and take care.

Rescue04
06-16-2012, 02:08 PM
keep in touch Anne...i would love to know how lola is doing.

Kelly Brady
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Anne, you are amazing. You have been a real teacher and inspiration. (Toilet flange as the opening of the release cage.) Works so darn well:D

I hope to continue to read posts of yours here on TSB. You have a lot to give still girl even if you aren't doing it hands on. If not so much on TSB, please keep the emails coming, they make my day.:rotfl

Lots of love being sent your way:bowdown

redwuff
06-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Anne, it has been a long time that I have met anyone that I loved so much so quickly. It is so sad to hear that you are 'quitting' rehab. There are many species of wild things running around because of you.

May God speed and protect. You will always be in my heart.

Trysh

island rehabber
06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Anne, it has been a long time that I have met anyone that I loved so much so quickly.

Ain't it the truth? The minute I met Anne, I felt that we had been best friends in several former lives.....I'd known her forever. Love you Anne. :Love_Icon

rygel1hardt
06-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Though I have never personally met or even talked to you Anne I have always respected you! Your every post has had two thumbs up from me. You have very good instincts, much knowledge, many years of experience, and so much love for all Gods creatures! Those things add up to a VERY GOOD rehabber and though I understand you have many reason I also want you to understand that I know this is a HUGE loss to the rehab community! I am so happy that you are still here on TSB and able to help others so the loss is lessened. Thank you for and from every animal you have helped over the many years! Stacey