PDA

View Full Version : Rascall is such a character!

Pond Luvr
05-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey everyone, rascall now is 10 weeks and what a handful! I had a question to his "love nibbles" they do not hurt its like he's kissing my fingers... But when he does get agitated or tired I do feel teeth but again doesn't hurt. Why is he doing this? We tell him no when he does it but being he's a squirrel not a dog lol not sure if he understands.
Thanks pond luvr's daughter:)
Sarah

Itchiku's dad
05-28-2012, 01:53 AM
The first one sounds like he's preening you where his teeth are scraping against you skin very quickly. This is natural as they preen themselves and each other. The other sounds more like play biting. You'll know if he's angry about something and bites cuz you'll feel it. Itciku went through a biting stage after about 12 weeks where he would draw blood at least once a week making wonder what I'd done wrong. Then he just changed and suddenly seems much calmer altogether. I think it's hormones too be honest, so I just accept it. Don't forget all squirrels have different personalities just like people.

crazysquirrels
05-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Also when they are angry they grind their teeth into you or just bit real fast and hard. You know. It also sound like play to me.