PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help with uploading pics from a smartphone??

dodgefan
05-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone had or has experience uploading pics to the site from a smartphone? If you do I could use some help ( with the pics )!! I am beyond help in other areas lol. I got some really cute pics of Jr today and would like to share with everybody. Thanks in advance!! :worthless

Milo's Mom
05-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi Dodgefan! :wave123

I honestly do not have a clue, as although I have a smartphone, I am too dumb to use it to it's full potential...it's smarter than me.

But, I would assume that you would follow the same process to upload pics as if you were on a computer, which is as follows:

Go to the thread where you want to post the pic.
Click on Post Reply
Place your cursor in the text box.
Click on the little paperclip on the menu bar above - a dialog box will open.
In the dialog box, click on the "browse" button and navigate to the picture (where ever it is located/saved on your phone).
Select the pic you want to post and click open.
Once you have done this the path to the location of the pic will be in the text area immediately next to the Browse button.
(You may upload up to 10 pics in a thread at a time, but you will need to browse to them each individually.)
Then click on the "Upload" button.
Click the "Close this window" text within the dialog box. This will take you back to the screen where you clicked the paperclip, which is the Reply to Thread Screen.
Then, click on the little down arrow located right next to the paperclip. You will see all of you file names of the pics you just uploaded.
You may now either select "Insert All" (or whatever it says) or you may click on the specific file name to insert ONLY that pic.
After you have done this you will see something that resembles xxxxxxxxx in the text box. That is your pic.
To see if it worked properly click on the Preview Post button, if all looks good, click on the Submit Reply button.I know this seems like a lot to post a few pics, but it's really not that much...it just takes a lot words to spell it all out.

I think we have several members that use their smartphones regularly to post in threads and also to post pics. Hopefully they will see your thread and be able to offer you some assistance.

dodgefan
05-12-2012, 12:41 AM
171869I guess I need to take my pics in a different size. Most are to big! But here's one if it works this is Jr.

dodgefan
05-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Whoo hoo now that I've figured this out you all will probably get tired of seeing him l:wott mao!!

dodgefan
05-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Whoo hoo MM to the rescue again!!! :thankyou 171873117187271874

Milo's Mom
05-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi Dodgefan!

Great pics of Jr. I resized them and posted them again in his thread.

I have no idea whatsoever how to take a smaller pic on a smartphone. None. Sorry.