PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted, when can I drop their late feed?

skarabrae
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Before the squees came, I'd pass out cold at 8pm (I'm hypothyroid & am diagnosed fibromyalgia and have serious exhaustion issues)... obviously I've been staying up until 10:30 or so with them to give them their last feed for the night.

I've been running on pure adrenaline and (surprisingly) I've been okay for the last two weeks... well, I hit a wall today and I'm now wondering at what age I can look forward to dropping their 10:30pm feed so I can start going to sleep at my usual time? They're only about 5 weeks right now. They eat 6 times a day and usually 6cc per feed (the big girl eats about 8cc now).

Thanks in advance!

Nancy in New York
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Before the squees came, I'd pass out cold at 8pm (I'm hypothyroid & am diagnosed fibromyalgia and have serious exhaustion issues)... obviously I've been staying up until 10:30 or so with them to give them their last feed for the night.

I've been running on pure adrenaline and (surprisingly) I've been okay for the last two weeks... well, I hit a wall today and I'm now wondering at what age I can look forward to dropping their 10:30pm feed so I can start going to sleep at my usual time? They're only about 5 weeks right now. They eat 6 times a day and usually 6cc per feed (the big girl eats about 8cc now).

Thanks in advance!

What time do you get up in the morning? Is it possible that you could get up once through the night to feed and then go back to sleep?
When you feed them at 10:30 when is their next feeding?

skarabrae
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I wake up and feed them right at 6am... I have to be up at 6am anyway because I have daycare kids who arrive at 6:30 in the morning.

ETA: I think I'd die if I had to wake up in the motn... this is why I breastfed my kids and coslept - so I wouldn't have to wake up to feed them - HAH!

Nancy in New York
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I wake up and feed them right at 6am... I have to be up at 6am anyway because I have daycare kids who arrive at 6:30 in the morning.

ETA: I think I'd die if I had to wake up in the motn... this is why I breastfed my kids and coslept - so I wouldn't have to wake up to feed them - HAH!

So you are talking about roughly 10 hours without feeding then right? Hmmmmm, I would give it a try if it's really bothering you. I mean they won't starve to death....:D Just make sure that they eat during the day and that they are continuing to gain weight....get some good sleep, you'll feel better.:grouphug

skarabrae
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Well, I'm going to wait until they open their eyes... I can suffer until then, it should be any time now. Honestly, I'm worried I will literally pass out (it happened before I got the squirrels many times) at like, 7pm and not wake up until morning.

I wish hubby were confident enough to feed him (and I weren't such a control freak! :rotfl )

Nancy in New York
04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm going to wait until they open their eyes... I can suffer until then, it should be any time now. Honestly, I'm worried I will literally pass out (it happened before I got the squirrels many times) at like, 7pm and not wake up until morning.

I wish hubby were confident enough to feed him (and I weren't such a control freak! :rotfl )

Oh I thought their eyes were opened. Your health has to come first....so if they HAVE to wait 10 hours, it's not ideal, but it's better than nothing...you know what I mean???:)

skarabrae
04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Well their eyes SHOULD be open any day now. I'm waiting (IM)patiently here *drums fingers*...