PDA

View Full Version : my Baby is depressed?

chateauromani
04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
hi everyone, I'm a bit worried about my
squirrel Baby.

A couple nights ago my family lost a 6 month old rabbit due to complications after getting spayed last week. She was the sweetest thing, and her and Baby were amazing friends and they played together every day.

Today after I got home I let Baby out of her cage, she went out and found the rabbit's old cage and went inside looking for her, then Baby didn't want to play with me. (crazy unusual) what should I do? she's sad, she misses her sister.

what should I do? all she wants to do is sleep all day and night. she's still eating, though. will she forget in about a week? should she have a new friend?

sorry for everything being brief, I'm on my phone.
and I wanted to thank everyone for being so nice to me when I joined the board a few months ago. :)

- Victoria

stepnstone
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Add to the fact that they don't know why, I'm sure animals grieve the loss of a friend the same as we would. Time will help but I think having another playmate just might help them overcome the loss also.

Kristal
04-04-2012, 05:00 AM
I dunno, I would just love up on her and give her lots of cuddles and favourite foods. Animals adjust to loss more easily than humans because they don't have to spend so much time ruminating on what death means, etc. A comforting distraction should help her. Getting a new companion so soon might be an extra disruption for her right after losing one since it means another, initially strange adjustment. Just my 2 cents.