PDA

View Full Version : cure for coccidia

psychobird
03-31-2012, 11:10 AM
just wanted to share with you all that i tried baycox for my crow who had a heavy load of coccidia
just had him rechecked yesterday and it was cured with 2 doses of it
if you can afford it, i think it is definatly worth it
instead of having to dose them everyday for 3 weeks it a 1-2 doses and thats it!
just grab the link for you and it's on sale
http://www.horseprerace.com/bayerbaycoxtoltrazurilepm-p-29.html

psychobird
03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
oh, and i know other rehabbers that have used it in squirrels
one was last year
she had an outbreak in her pre release, 15 crazy getting close to release time guys
it was a life saver for her, and i mean her life, lol!

mpetys
03-31-2012, 11:56 AM
oh, and i know other rehabbers that have used it in squirrels
one was last year
she had an outbreak in her pre release, 15 crazy getting close to release time guys
it was a life saver for her, and i mean her life, lol!

Thanks for sharing, sounds great. Do you know what the dosage would be for squirrels? I am always worried about having an outreak like you described, this would be a lifesaver.

Do you know what the shelf life of this product is, especially after opening? Thanks!

psychobird
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
it's in the mammal book on pg 243
it's 20 mg/kg
5% strength is 50 mg/ml
once then repeat in 7 days if needed

*dosing different for birds

gwallace4159
04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Has anybody used Corid for coccidia in squirrels? I have used it on a deer and still have a bottle. The Vet diagnosed the 4 week old baby with coccidia, today, but can not give me anything to treat him. SOS...Don't want to lose him. He has had loose stools since he was found last week. I just got him yesterday and I tried a Pedialyte only diet, thinking it was the food. I ordered Fox Valley milk replacer, but nothing else matters if I can't find a treatment for the coccidia. :( How much do I use for a 3 oz baby, if anyone has used this before?

psychobird
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
do you have a gram scale? i know another rehabber that had success with it
what are you feeding?

psychobird
04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
you can feed goats milk or ensure till formula arrives

gwallace4159
04-17-2012, 06:04 PM
I have been feeding Tito, puppy formula... Esbilac with some yogurt....Followed instructions on a website. I did a lactated ringer, fluids under his skin today...Just 1-2 cc... hoping to help hydrate him. The Pedialyte helped a little and I did it all day. The diarrea from the parasites is hard on him. No blood in stool yet. Poor little guy.

gwallace4159
04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.squirrelrehabilitation.com/coccidia.htm Just read about “Ponazuril" a new drug that take only 2 treatments....Anybody hear about this? They also mentioned Albon and bactim....

psychobird
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
http://www.squirrelrehabilitation.com/coccidia.htm Just read about “Ponazuril" a new drug that take only 2 treatments....Anybody hear about this? They also mentioned Albon and bactim....
That's what the baycox is :)
Btw, lots of people have diarrhea problems with esbilac
Did u get a fecal to Confirm coccidia?
Changing to fox valley may solve the issues
Changing to goats milk with a little yogurt until the fv arrives may solve the problem

psychobird
04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh whoops i see the vet confirmed it, been a long day
Weird he wouldn't give you some albon

gwallace4159
04-19-2012, 06:37 PM
They can not treat wild squirrels. Who will? Can I order Albon by mail?

psychobird
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think u get it without a script
Did you order the baycox?