PDA

View Full Version : BooBoo took off on us...

kissle13
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
The weather has been so nice here in Mass. the past few weeks we have been bringing BooBoo outside to her outdoor cage to get used to the sights and sounds. She was very timid at first but got better day by day. Last night my boyfriend was bring her back inside and she got loose from him. She went straight to the trees, I nearly had a heart attack. She took many chances on a few branches, she did fall from one, luckly it was low to the ground & she went right back up the tree for more exploration. Then she took off into the woods and we have not seen her since. I went out many times calling her but nothing. Im worried about her, we were just starting to transition her and she did not yet have an overnight out in her outdoor cage. I left her food and water in cage this morning incase she is hungry and finds her way back home. I really hope she comes back today. Please say a squirrley prayer for us!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

crazysquirrels
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
She will probibly return in a few days. She is out having fun. A lot come back in a short time for food and water. Just keep an eye out for her. She will most likely be active at her usual morning time and right before sunset.

stosh2010
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Praying to St. Anthony..patron saint of lost things ( & squirrels)

Nancy in New York
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
You should keep her cage door opened. They will usually come home around dusk or a little later. If she is not home when it is completely dark, lock/close the doors to the cage so that she doesn't get in it later, (when you have long gone to bed), and become a sitting duck for a predator.
I hope that she comes back, but as previously said, sometimes it takes a few days...and the weather is so nice, so you are fortunate that way.
:grouphug

Wonkawillie
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, this is hard on your heart isnt it? I would not worry too much though. She is a squirrel and she was lucky to have you winter her. She is mature enough, and her squirrel behaviour will kick in. I bet you see her though! Go out early in the AM. Like maybe 7am, and call her. It will still be a bit quiet out and she will hear you best then. Plus squirrels are just getting to work at this time, so she will be awake and hungry!
You know how smart they are! She will be ok.

kissle13
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
We called her around 7 this am and I went out before dusk too, no response. Ill keep trying and hoping she comes back. Her outdoor cage has her nesting box in it, ive been leaving food and her water bottle is out there. I just hope she found herself shelter. Thanks everyone.

iwonka
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I experienced something like this last year .. Bob was only 10 weeks .. I was so sad .. I did not want to release him in my area, we have no tree here. He returned after two days ... starving. I caught him .. I think I can find a scar on his bite still :) .. He was released three weeks later, in a beautiful forest.

Do not worry .. she will be back :grouphug Squirrel never forget where free food is.

kissle13
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
With my luck she will come back preggo and not wanting to leave the house again. lol. Ill let yall know if she shows up. No signs of her this morning. Im just praying that she didnt fall, she does not have her tree legs yet. Im going to go for a walk in the woods where she took off in after I get home from work.
I so missed snuggling with her before bed the last two nights its breaking my heart. Im one worried momma.:shakehead

Lilylulu
03-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Any sight of her lately?:)

kissle13
03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
:'( Still nothing... I keep calling for her though, in the morning and before sunset. I took a walk in the woods where she disappeared into and I didnt find her (dead or alive). Im so sad, I miss my lil' lady so much.

Lilylulu
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Charlie left the same day as BooBoo.
He has not been back at all and I have called for him constantly- all day every day. We think we've spotted him living in a tree behind our house, but I am not certain. We actually sat in the rain, right under that tree, calling for him ------but nothing.
It broke my heart.

kissle13
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
So sorry to hear about Charlie. Any signs of him yet?

No signs of my BooBoo lady....so worried. :'(

stosh2010
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
So sorry to hear about Charlie. Any signs of him yet?

No signs of my BooBoo lady....so worried. :'(

Praying for a return of the LOST Fuzzers....