PDA

View Full Version : Need a New Vet!

Mochi&Mocha
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone! I hope this is an okay place to post this. But I need to reach out to all of the Orlando rehabbers! I am moving to Orlando next month and need a squirrel friendly vet (preferably a good one who doesn't over charge!). Can anyone give me some suggestions? I will be moving close to UCF .

Mochi&Mocha
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Oh also, does anyone know where to find Jackie's carriers? I need to buy 2!

djarenspace9
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I have dealt with many of the area vets over the years, so I'd be glad to PM you my recommendation.

My favorite one who trims my Trixie's teeth every 2 weeks without needing sedation is right near you, like 10minutes or less I think.

I refer to him as the Squirrel Whisperer :D

You'll have to evaluate his pricing, though and decide on that.

Anne
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Best thing to do is email Jackie. She will make you carriers and she also has a long list of good squirrel friendly vets.
That's what I would do.
thecrazysquirrellady@gmail.com

Mochi&Mocha
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I have dealt with many of the area vets over the years, so I'd be glad to PM you my recommendation.

My favorite one who trims my Trixie's teeth every 2 weeks without needing sedation is right near you, like 10minutes or less I think.

I refer to him as the Squirrel Whisperer :D

You'll have to evaluate his pricing, though and decide on that.

Perfect! One of my squirrels is looking like she'll have to have her teeth trimmed often as well unfortunately. She's had them trimmed twice now (once when she was a baby(ish) and once a few weeks ago. It seems like the back part of her teeth grow longer and don't get trimmed on their own but we'll see. I'm keeping an eye on them.

Mochi&Mocha
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Best thing to do is email Jackie. She will make you carriers and she also has a long list of good squirrel friendly vets.
That's what I would do.
thecrazysquirrellady@gmail.com

Thank you! I emailed her :)

Jackie in Tampa
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
right off the top of my head...without looking..Shannon/Legomom is in Eustis, her vet is Dr, Berber...that's 90 miles, so not really ideal...but if an emergency, I know she loves him and he can clip..
I have some errans...but will see what I can find..
I bet Philomycus knows:thumbsup
maybe scooby snack knows someone..:dono
Did you ask MsOatley who she uses?:thinking

Jackie in Tampa
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh also, does anyone know where to find Jackie's carriers? I need to buy 2!oh nevermind..you are MOVING...I did not read entire thraed,,,ooops..yes, let karen tell you, she knows!!!!!!!
carriers..
I have some made..pink yellow and white I think..
I really love the yellow one..I get a pic:thumbsup
thanks
thank you K..:thumbsup

fire-eyez
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Dr. Diaz from lake Howell animal hospital is good and is 15 minutes from ucf

djarenspace9
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Dr. Diaz from lake Howell animal hospital is good and is 15 minutes from ucf

Yes, I forgot about him! Dr Diaz is a great vet for squirrels too,
and not too far from where you will be living.
His rates are higher than all the other exotics,
but he was really wonderful with one of my very sick squirrels
that needed lots of care and attention.

Mochi&Mocha
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow thanks everyone! I'll have to look into all of these vets! I'm really glad to have so many options as well. Gainesville only has one.

Mochi&Mocha
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
oh nevermind..you are MOVING...I did not read entire thraed,,,ooops..yes, let karen tell you, she knows!!!!!!!
carriers..
I have some made..pink yellow and white I think..
I really love the yellow one..I get a pic:thumbsup
thanks
thank you K..:thumbsup

Okay thank you! I emailed you as well about the carriers :) Both of my squirrels are girls so probably pink!