PDA

View Full Version : Possible Eye Issue......

The Sqrl Grl
03-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi, All! It's been awhile since I've posted anything but I'm always poking around on this forum to keep up to date on things, etc. Anyhoo, Roscoe is doing GREAT except for one little thing I've noticed in the past couple days. It looks as if he has a little matter around one of his eyes. Now it's not puss-like nor is his eye bothering him (no scratching, etc). When I noticed this I simply wiped it away but saw it again today. I'm thinking he may just have something in his eye but is there anything I can use to help flush his eye out, etc? Any advice on this is appreciated. mjs mjs

Nancy in New York
03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Just giving this a little bump....:D

Scooterzmom
03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
If it's a clear jelly like secretion it may be the beginning of pink eye. If you have a vet - are in a legal state - then I would check with the vet over the phone. When my cat - who was then a kitten - had pink eye the vet had prescribed "Polysporin Eye & Ear drops".

Years later when she got it again and I had no access to the drops he told me over the phone to use regular Polysporin ointment. Matter of fact, on the advice of the vet (over the phone again) because she got a case of it this week I did use the Poly ointment and it worked great. You place a small glob in the corner of the eye and with the eye closed, you VERY GENTLY rub it so it spreads. The little one tries to rub it off at one point but just the application and whatever is left does the trick, so the vet said to me. And it did. I treated her 3 days in a row and now it's all gone.

island rehabber
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
:goodpost I was going to say the same about the polysporin.

The Sqrl Grl
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey, thanks so much!! Will try the poly and report back in a couple days. :alright.gif

The Sqrl Grl
03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey Island Rehabber and Scooterzmom! Roscoe's eye seems to be doing great!!! It was amazing as to how well he "took his medicine"! He's such a good boy!!! LOLOLOLOL Again, thanks! Oh, and also, thanks for the bump, Nancy!!!

island rehabber
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
:wahoo:alright.gif:wahoo:alright.gif Wonderful news!!! Go Roscoe!

djarenspace9
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi Sqrl Grl! :wave123

Glad to hear your boy is doing ok.
I'm close to you (about 15 miles east of Mt Dora off 46) so if you ever need anything let me know!

The Sqrl Grl
03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey, djarenspace9! That's GREAT to know that a senior member is so close in proximity. Right back acha...if you ever need ANYTHING let me know!!!! We "Squirrelly Folks" have to stick together or we'll go nuts!! LOLOLOLOLOL :wott