PDA

View Full Version : South Sound wildlife centre's squirel rehab class

sleeping koala
02-20-2012, 02:02 AM
I have a google news alert set up for squirrels and this was one of news items in the latest email I get.
http://www.maplevalleyreporter.com/community/139536348.html

Don't know where South Sound wildlife centre is or any one from here is close by to there or not.

Cheers
SK

island rehabber
02-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I believe that's up near Seattle WA ....Feeze & MrsJack's neck of the woods? The "Sound" in question might be Puget Sound?

Bill
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Maple Valley is south east of Seattle, we have been in the squirrel rescue business in the Green River valley (south of Seattle) for about 10 years, after we found our first one in the back yard. Last year was slow, no spring babies, only summer ones that we have to keep until spring. With the weather the way it is right now we don't know when that will happen. But all of them are doing well. all boys though, and all grays.
Bill

SQUIRRELSAREME
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I have contacted this center and left my info. I can not attended the meeting this weekend. I am about a hour away but told them I would come in and clean or take care of anything after hours If they get to many babies maybe I can help

island rehabber
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Good to see we have some more members out there in the area! :wave123 I believe there is a thread about a TSB Gathering in the Pacific NW this summer.....

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32772
:D

SQUIRRELSAREME
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks I am looking forward to the squirrel fest I will have to take a day off to attend but I am sure it will be worth going to. Looking forward to meeting some more squirrel people mjs

sleeping koala
02-24-2012, 04:38 AM
SQUIRRELSAREME,
Be interesting if you could do a smalll write up about the day and if you learnt anything interesting.

Cheers
SK

SQUIRRELSAREME
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I only have Internet at work right now. I am going to south sound on Wednesday the 7th I will do my best to let u know how it goes. I already asked some questions over the phone. They said they use fox valley and they are not fast to euthanize Hoping to get some info about releasing hickory dickory and doc. My heart is going to break on this day.

SQUIRRELSAREME
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
What I did learn is that the reason they are able to foster grey squirrels is that it is a grey area with fish and wildlife so maybe I can be a help to them. I am not able to take the squirrels in once a week for them to check out but maybe we will be able to work something out:dono

SQUIRRELSAREME
03-24-2012, 03:11 AM
More info on south sound. I was in need of a vet appt for Hickory as she lost 5 grams and quit eating I called and spoke to Tiger he said he would see her the next day. Lots of nervousness but I took her down there. He was super nice checked her out gave her sub Q fluids and showed me around the place He showed me how to build a release cage with a double doors .We talked about me getting a rehabbed license. We talked about 30 minutes I wish this place wasn't so far away from me Perty sure I will be going down there some more :jump

island rehabber
03-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Good to know they were helpful and seem knowledgeable as well -- I will add them to my list of good wildlife centers. :thumbsup