PDA

View Full Version : shilos making grunting noises

cuteascnb
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
It's not all the time just when he's stumbling around the cage....I keep freaking out cause im so worried about aspiration pnemonia, hasn't aspirated since i had him but I believe mary said he did a little with her a couple days before I got him... I hear no clicking....just grunting everynow and then....and chattering when he licks his feet....I think im being a worry wort but some reassurance would be nice! Very active poop and pee are fine and eaying great!!!

gs1
02-05-2012, 11:41 AM
i'm comfortable in saying you're worrying too much about these noises... they're just vocal .... and you've got his brother now.....

miriams has a great video on what clicking is when it's pneumonia...i'm going to find it and post it ...be right back .....:D :grouphug it is good to worry ....i do it all the time....:D :thumbsup

gs1
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
here is the video ... the squirrel is fine now... but i have to warn you it's heartbreaking to watch.....

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32290

cuteascnb
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
oh that was sad :shakehead how long does it take for it to get that bad...is that the first sign of them having it?

gs1
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
i don't know what the first sign is ... but i'm thinking it takes a short time from bubbles out of the nose... and if it will develop into pneumonia .. maybe one or two days at most....

so i think shiloh is just vocal... :)

Sweet Simon's Mommy
02-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Simon makes lots of gruntie noises.
When he is glad to see me,
when he is hungry,
when he wants to play
you will learn what each one means as you go.
You know your flyers signals right? or a dogs?
Same idea, just a different language :D :D :D
They are very aware when something is new and different,even when their eyes are closed.
as long as he is eating and peeing and pooping you will be fine. I can pm my # if you want to talk sometime.

cuteascnb
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Simon makes lots of gruntie noises.
When he is glad to see me,
when he is hungry,
when he wants to play
you will learn what each one means as you go.
You know your flyers signals right? or a dogs?
Same idea, just a different language :D :D :D
They are very aware when something is new and different,even when their eyes are closed.
as long as he is eating and peeing and pooping you will be fine. I can pm my # if you want to talk sometime.

please and thanks...I feel a little better now!! (wiping sweat from my forehead...LOL)