PDA

View Full Version : Length?

kissle13
01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
What is a good length to trim the teeth too? How do I know when it is time to trim.

My lil' lady has no problems eating, though i am worried it might be time for me to trim. She has a log, branches and antlers... but im not sure if it is enough.

Thanks

stepnstone
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
What is a good length to trim the teeth too? How do I know when it is time to trim.
My lil' lady has no problems eating, though i am worried it might be time for me to trim. She has a log, branches and antlers... but im not sure if it is enough.
Thanks

They don't need their teeth trimmed unless there is a problem, what makes you think "it might be time" to trim her teeth? :thinking

kissle13
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
I see, she does not have any problems with her teeth. I just have never had a squirrel this long (overwintering, she is about 26wks old) so I was not sure exactly if I need to trim her teeth or what is a good length they should be at.

Thanks

yoyo
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I had mine 32 weeks before she die, and she has them so long and the day before she die I saw her bleeding because she did bite her mouth with the one down in the left.

stepnstone
01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I see, she does not have any problems with her teeth. I just have never had a squirrel this long (overwintering, she is about 26wks old) so I was not sure exactly if I need to trim her teeth or what is a good length they should be at.
Thanks

There is a post somewhere in the forums (I'm not sure where myself??) that show the proper length and alignment they should be at if someone could direct you to it you could do a comparison. If not and you are concerned they may be not right try and post a picture of your little one's teeth for further advice.

stepnstone
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Found a picture of what "normal" teeth should look like...

kissle13
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
ok...she is normal then as compared to this pict!
I was worried about nothing! Thank you!!!

stepnstone
01-31-2012, 03:38 PM
ok...she is normal then as compared to this pict!
I was worried about nothing! Thank you!!!

It's never for nothing... better safe then sorry!
I know my little girl is tired of me jacking her mouth open to check her teeth but I still do it to keep them in check.