PDA

View Full Version : Tracer & Bacon Flying Squirrels

Tracer&Bacon
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
:wave123 Hello my name is morgan. I am the momma of two darling southern flying squirrels. Bacon the girl and her brother Tracer. My husband got them back in september and said they were for him. It came to no suprise to me that i ended up taking care of them and that I bonded to them.:osnap

I never would have thought I would be a person to have squirrels. I was always a person that said EWWW!!!! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!!! lol. just look at me now. letting them poop and pee all over my shirt when we have mommy and me time. I just laught it off and my husband thinks its gross.:jump its hilarious.

I have had them since 2 weeks before their eyes opened. It has been a journey. we started out with 3 and sadly the landlords dog ate him. I almost died when that happened and it crushed my husband because that was the one he had grown attatched to. But we have our little boy and our little girl and life is good.:wahoo I am still learning everyday about them but its crazy because every website seems to be different. Especially their diet. :dono

Jackie in Tampa
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
:Welcome :wave123
the night crew on TSB is almost all HOFs {humans owned by flyers}!
I am with you...a little poop never hurt anyone...
:poke as long as it's not in my coffee!:D
Stick around, TSB is the place in the know!
TSB also has a nutrition forum...and a flyer forum...
:Welcome

IrishHarps
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I own a SFS too - you must post pictures of your babies! Can't wait to see! :crazy

My fiance and I have noticed that our conversations revolve around poop a lot these days - having a squirrel really desensitizes you to their little poop pellets! When most of your conversations at home start with "Is that a poop or a fuzzball?" you know you have a flyer...

Sweet Simon's Mommy
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
:wave123

JakesLittlePrincess
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome & Hello
I love flyers, never had them but they are cute as heck! I am owned by two greys at the moment. Glad you found TSB, lots of good stuff to read and great people here!

Tracer&Bacon
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
yea the poop is minor. but my husband thinks that he is their own little toilet. i think its hilarious. they definetly are my owners. they are absolutely spoiled.:rotfl

Tracer&Bacon
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
idk why the pics are so huge. sorry:thinking

Jackie in Tampa
01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
can't help with anything tech...but want to say,
one of our most wonderful members, Muffin, is out of the circut & on the mend...she calls it a POP ceremony..{poop/pee on peeps}:rotfl
please come back this evening...the HOF gang will be here and flyer friendly!:)
and oh do they have too much fun!!!!:D
The Skuls are the best...hubby and wife full of tales...and tails!
Mrs Skul chopped down a dang tree to save some sqs...
yep, and she is no spring chicken {sorry C, But we're not}
I will never forget that vision!!!!:alright.gif
Welcome again!:wave123
someone will be here soon to help resize..
I click the right button, a window opens, asks if I want to resize...but that may not be how it works everywhere..I am stil;l in the 70s!:tilt

Tracer&Bacon
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
be where???

cuteascnb
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Resized for ya!!!

cuteascnb
01-26-2012, 04:57 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome I have 2 flyers named Sadie and Bandit!!! They are the loves of my life (which often makes my fiance a bit jealous!!! LOL) I had them since they were little, still on formula and the biggest thing I've come to learn is to keep them healthy and happy...you need to feed them the right diet. It sounds crazy but I feed them boiled chicken, yogurt, mushrooms and an assortment of fruits and veggies everynight!

You have came to the right place I promise you...I listen to nothing on the web regarding flyers...there is not enough accurate information, thats why I'm here....TSB has helped me raise my babies...and still are....I learn something new everyday!!!

Chickenlegs
01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
They are SOOOOOO cute! One of these days I'm gonna have flyers. Right now I have the "Ninja squirrels" in the shed (they come out for tribute at night when I feed the possums), Three inside squirrels including Surya who is not releasable and tiny and sweet, three possums, Tyson the cat and five cockatiels--the babiest of which I spent the whole day coaxing out of a tree cause a teacher at school thought it'd be fun to play with a bird--a bird who can FLY--with the door open. You are in SUCH good company :Welcome . We need LOTS of pix of your babies.

astra
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
:Welcome tons of info here to keep your fuzzers happy and healthy:)

Tracer&Bacon
01-26-2012, 07:49 PM
:thankyou thank you so much cuteascnb for resizing my pics. i havent quite figured that out. I feel so welcomed on this website. I have already learned so much! I thank all of you for welcoming me and making my babies and I so loved! I love talking about my squirrels and I think I'm starting to aggravate my family. lol:poke

astra
01-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I love talking about my squirrels and I think I'm starting to aggravate my family. lol:poke
:rotfl :rotfl know all too well