PDA

View Full Version : just a few more pics

bryanmaree
01-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Here are just a couple of new pics , 2 are of a bald eagle that were taken 15 miles n. of groton sd on the way to x-mas get together

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Nice pictures! I like the one of the chunky squirrel eating at the feeder! He is sooooo cute. That is a very nice picture of the eagle flying too! If only they didn't eat our little friends!

Momma Squirrel
01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Great pictures, love the way they hang upside down to eat. Love that second one he is sure healthy :D

EAgle is beautiful but I agree he just needs to stay in the sky and not eat our furry friends :nono

Mrs. Jack
01-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Love that second one he is sure healthy :D

understatement :D

The eagles are so stunning.. where I used to live there were two I'd watch, they had a nest I could see. But when they'd start soaring over the fields, I'd go inside.. know they have to eat, but didn't really want to watch.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
01-13-2007, 08:22 AM
If only they didn't eat our little friends!
:gun2 boy I dont wanna see them around my place, nor those hawks!!
Those squirrels are just gorgeous cant believe how chubby!!!:thumbsup

bryanmaree
01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Sorry :sorry :sorry i did not mean to offend anyone with the pics of the eagles, it was just a chance sighting and a very lucky shot of the one flying, just thought they would be nice to show, they are a beautiful bird.

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Sorry :sorry :sorry i did not mean to offend anyone with the pics of the eagles, it was just a chance sighting and a very lucky shot of the one flying, just thought they would be nice to show, they are a beautiful bird.

You can't offend me with eagle pictures. I have one in my freezer...and I'm hoping for another to arrive, as soon as I get the paper work in for it.

bob

http://www.thesquirrelcam.com

Buddy'sMom
01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Just saw these. The eagle taking flight is an AMAZING photo!! :thumbsup We have researched a bit on eagles' prey since we have bald eagles flying around the area. Their primary diet apparently is fish, ducks, birds, carrion (dead stuff), although they may go after small mammals if other stuff isn't available. So although the squirrels aren't entirely safe, eagles seem much less of a threat to our little friends than hawks.

BTW - the squirrels are adorable! :)

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Just saw these. The eagle taking flight is an AMAZING photo!! :thumbsup We have researched a bit on eagles' prey since we have bald eagles flying around the area. Their primary diet apparently is fish, ducks, birds, carrion (dead stuff), although they may go after small mammals if other stuff isn't available. So although the squirrels aren't entirely safe, eagles seem much less of a threat to our little friends than hawks.

BTW - the squirrels are adorable! :)

Here in Alaska, we call those eagles, fish hawks, because that is their main source of food. Salmon mostly.

bob

:wave123

atlantasquirrelgirl
02-03-2007, 05:52 PM
ASC - you have an eagle in your freezer? Please tell how that happened. . .

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
ASC - you have an eagle in your freezer? Please tell how that happened. . .

I have a permit from the Federal Fish & Game folks, I got the eagle from the National Eagle Conservatory in Colorado. Being I'm a Native American, we can have Eagle Feathers for our Regalia, and for religious reasons. We have to get a permit and then we recieve these birds that have been accidently killed or found. I use some of the feathers for our Returning Warriors in the Armed Services. A eagle feather is given to mark their return from war. It's a badge of honor for all native veterans to wear.

GhosTS
02-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Great pics.He is so chubby.

Bob..I love to hear these stories you tell.And I love the native culture.

Gabe
02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Gorgeous pictures. I love the eagle taking flight. Buddy's Mom is right, they are not a huge threat to squirrels.

bryanmaree
02-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I hit a eagle about 11 or 12 years ago with my truck , it took out my drivers side mirror and window , wound up having to replace the entire door, but my point is that the eagle was banded so i took bird and all to game fish and parks ,I would have liked to have kept it , was going to have it mounted and put it in my living room but was flatly turned down as I am not a native american that I could not keep it. That would've been awsome. I am thinking of building 2 or 3 squirrel houses and putting them in the tree that my feeder is screwed to but i'm not sure on how big I can make them. I do not want them to big as they may not use them or too small for the same reason. I was thinking about 8x8x12 with the hole up towards the top.

bryanmaree
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Here are just a couple of new pics , 2 are of a bald eagle that were taken 15 miles n. of groton sd on the way to x-mas get together
Thank You very much for resizing the pics :thankyou :thankyou

iggysmom
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
great pics ...bryan they should of let you keep the eagle what else do they acually do with them after something like that anyway...i hope they dont just get rid of it??:dono

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
great pics ...bryan they should of let you keep the eagle what else do they acually do with them after something like that anyway...i hope they dont just get rid of it??:dono

All eagle bodies are sent to the US Fish & Wildlife Eagle Conservatory in Colorado. The are kept frozen. They then disperse them through a permit system to Native American Indians who have applied for them in a permit process. It's a long drawn out permit process, and you have to fulfil the guidelines they have in place if your an American Indian. Most Native American Indians have a BIA Card...or tribal roll numbers. We are the only citizens of this country that have numbers assigned to us besides the SSN number or drivers license numbers excluding military. If your not on that registry it's illegal to own or possess Eagle parts or Feathers.

TexanSquirrel
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow, Bob. We learn something new every day.

quirlgirl
03-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Love the pics, squirrels more but also love watching the birds high in the sky away from my baby.....:nono

Bell & Noah
03-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Very interesting bob, :thankyou for the info

expt
06-16-2010, 11:27 PM

It's really nice picture and so wonder full.I like these type of picture.