PDA

View Full Version : Can it get too cold?

mstiffc8
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
HEY YA'LL!!!!!!

I havent been on here in quite some time now... but my Scrat Jinju is very big and extremely spoiled. I have had such a great FIVE months with him. I need to put some pictures of him up but Its a process and a half to find the blackberry cord to plug it in then transfer the photos then to up load them... well, you know how that goes, but I promise at some point i'll put some new pictures up of his sassy butt.

Anyways, I am a little concerned about him in regards to the recent drops in temp outside and my squirrel staying warm. He has a pretty big mansion in the garage with a heat light and its stays warm out there but lately it has been hitting below zero and not so toasty anymore. Now obviously squirrels huddle with one another outside nautally but since he is alone I gave him plenty of blankets and the basking light and a newly built wooden box for him to make a nest in, which he did and loves. As I am sitting here now with him having fun time in the office, I'm noticing i'm hearing him breathe almost as if he has an upper respiratory infection. Ive heard this many times in the rats at work when they are sick and being an owner in the past of 6 rats I know this sound all too well. But now that he is warm and toasty the sound seems to be less intense. So far I have heard him sneeze 2x since being inside the house. Am I being over protective?

I love this guy so much, he and I are inseperable to be honest. He wont go near anybody else that is around him and follows me everywhere. Also, since he is a boy and I have seen a few things "drop" on him now....when does mating season start? Are they aggressive during this time period? How do I know when he is done with being like that... lol

Any advice would be much much appreciated!!!!