PDA

View Full Version : Rehab Classes in NC

Sissy
01-11-2007, 08:01 PM
To my understanding there are going to be rehab. classes starting in Feb. in Winston Salem if anyone is interested in going let me know and I will find out all the info. I do know it is for 11 weeks, 1 night a week (Tues.) from I believe 6-9pm at the Forsyth College. The cost is $50. I'm excited about taking them, now I can learn even more about how to take care of these wonderful little creatures when they need help. I will post all the info about it I can find as soon as I find all of it.

Sissy
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Contact Forsyth Tech at 336-761-1002. Spring classes start in February 2007 and will run each Tuesday night for 11 weeks. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up for this class.
These classes offer the student the basic book knowledge about rehabbing and what is involved. When you complete this class you will have a nice 3" 3-ring notebook filled with information. We will also help you obtain your state permit once you are finished with the class. A state permit is required to rehabilitate wildlife. We do not hold hands-on classes during this 11-week session but do offer an intern program where the class graduate works side by side with an experienced rehabber. During this internship, the student learns feeding, stimulation and handling techniques.

For additional information write

Wildlife Rehab, Inc.
P.O. Box 24552,
Winston-Salem, NC 27114
or send us an email wildlifeed2@aol.com.

Somebody's Mother
01-12-2007, 03:39 PM
thanks for the info. you are too far north for me. maybe i will check at our local technical college.

Zelda's Mom
02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Too far for my schedule. I have to work. does anyone know of one farther west toward Boone, NC. I could probably even make Hickory, NC.