PDA

View Full Version : Etiologies & Treatments of genital juvenile squirrels

2ndHandRanchRescue
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
For you rehabbing folks - I scanned this great article and I'm having a brain fart if I ever shared. IR - if this is a duplicate post - feel free to delete.
But if you guys want a copy (its big by my stupid scanner 10M I think) or I can print and snail mail. PM me your address e or snail and I'll share.

stepnstone
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I would be interested in reading it, sent you a pm. :thumbsup

yoyo
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I would like to become a rehabber too, I really will love it, how do I do it?, I live in Connecticut, and lost my little one 3 days ago, and she drove me to this page and all I suffered made me thing that I will love to do it. I am a medical assisting but I know that all you learn in college is nothing about animals, but I love the little nonspeaking creatures

astra
01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
I would like to become a rehabber too, I really will love it, how do I do it?, I live in Connecticut, and lost my little one 3 days ago, and she drove me to this page and all I suffered made me thing that I will love to do it. I am a medical assisting but I know that all you learn in college is nothing about animals, but I love the little nonspeaking creatures
Hi Yoyo,

I am not from CT, but this is what I found online:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2723&Q=326230

I am not sure if there are rehabbers from CT here, but if there are, they will share their info, and if not - that link above should give you enough information.

You will need to fill out an application.
Also, you need to study for an exam and get 80% to pass it.
Most importantly - you will need to find a licensed rehabilitator who will take you as their apprentice. You will need to have 40 hours of training and gain 3 years of experience.
So, if you find a CT rehabilitator, you can become their apprentice and be with them as an apprentice for 3 years, helping rehab wild animals.
Then, you can apply for your own license.

You could, probably, call them and ask them for a list of rehabilitators in CT, because I could not find it.

You can also call them directly for more information:
Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127
General Information: 860-424-3000
E-mail: deep.webmaster@ct.gov

if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.:grouphug

astra
01-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Hi yoyo,

I found something else.

i think, you can look up a list of CT wildlife rehabilitators here:

C.W.R.A - The Connecticut Wildlife Rehabilitation Association, Inc. ----- http://www.cwrawildlife.org/ ---- there seems to be some useful information that you might find helpful. And you can always contact them if you need more info.