PDA

View Full Version : Balding lil' lady

kissle13
01-03-2012, 06:11 PM
So my Boo Boo lady has over time scratched(pretty sure) herself bald, the only thing is, is that her skin does not look irritated at all. Does anyone have any insight on what I should do? Or maybe what else might be causing this? I see her scratch at it every so often, but not alot. ???

SammysMom
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
She isn't rubbing on something in her cage? :thinking It looks like it's sort of "worn off".

astra
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM
if she constantly scratches herself in that spot, there might be mites.
I don't remember details, but there have been situations when redness/flakiness/irritation, that are usually associated with mites, weren't present, yet, there were mites found (after a vet visit).

Do you have Revolution?
Either for kittens or dogs - will work. Put one drop between her shoulders, part fur so that the drop falls right on her skin.

Repeat in a week.

If that helps, then, you will know these were mites.

kissle13
01-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I do have some Revolution! I will try putting a drop on her to see if that works. If she did have mites would she be more itchy?

I dont think it is a "rub" spot.Even tho i thought so at first. I really have been paying attention to her laying and playing habits ever since she started balding. It does look like a babies back of the head rub spot. ......its so sweet too! Thats my favorite spot to give her kisses cuz its SO warm!!:Love_Icon

stepnstone
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
My little girl had a baldish spot on her head that wasn't red or flakey, I thought it could have been a rub mark. Eventually her arm pits started getting thin hair too. I treated her for mites and it cleared up, hair grew back. I'd go with the Revolution, can't hurt...

kissle13
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks!! Ill let you know if the Revolution helps:D