PDA

View Full Version : Assorted Nuts

Alex
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I bought a bag of mixed nuts, but the only two shown on the healthy diet list are almonds and hazelnuts.
This bag of nuts contains Walnuts, Pecans, and Brazil nuts also...
So should I throw the other nuts away or are they okay for them to eat even if they aren't on the list?:thinking

Mavrycs Mommy
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
theyre all fine in moderation!!! i give Mavryc the same mix :) you only want to give them one about every other night (or less) as a treat (all though Mavryc being the spoiled little boy he is, sometimes sweet "talks" me out of a few more :rotfl )

pappy1264
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
They won't hurt them. Some nuts are healthier then others (brazil nuts have lots of fat, but so do pecans). Nuts are to be treated as treats. You can feed them all of them. Actually, being able to crack a walnut is what many use to guage how ready they are for release.

Mavrycs Mommy
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
ugh! :poke Mavryc still cant crack a walnut lol i crack them a tiny bit for him so he can actually get them open :jump

Alex
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Yay!!! Thanks good to know! :thankyou
Napoleon has difficulty with nuts still, and he's older than Colombus. We dont have to crack them anymore, and I dont think he would have so much difficulty if he wasn't so determined to just eat the nut :rotfl He's all lazy and only like to eat.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-21-2011, 07:34 PM
ugh! :poke Mavryc still cant crack a walnut lol i crack them a tiny bit for him so he can actually get them open :jump

Simon can open a walnut but not a pecan, too slippery, he cant balance well enough so I help him with those

djarenspace9
12-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Simon can open a walnut but not a pecan, too slippery, he cant balance well enough so I help him with those
I don't get the waxed kind for that reason plus the squirrels don't care if they are shiny :dono

See if you can get the natural pecans.
I have only been able to find them at Walmart this year (1lb bag $6.98 in the produce section).

I just ordered 15lbs from lilidukes from her trees and CAN'T WAIT!
If you can't find some, I'll share a bit :D

She sells for $5/lb plus shipping in a flat rate box so maybe you can order some and help her out.

I don't know about Simon, but I have yet to meet a squirrel that would not do just about anything for a pecan!

Bow to the almighty pecan :bowdown