PDA

View Full Version : Questions about cucumbers

Alex
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Don't laugh about this please...
But should I cut off the skin of the cucumbers? Or leave it on? Any suggestions?

astra
12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't laugh about this please...
But should I cut off the skin of the cucumbers? Or leave it on? Any suggestions?
no laughing ;-)

I would - they coat them with this wax thing , so it is strongly recommended that people peel them, too (unless they are organically grown)

Alex
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Okay, thanks bunches. :D
I'm extremely glad I asked now.

astra
12-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Okay, thanks bunches. :D
I'm extremely glad I asked now.
:thumbsup :)

mpetys
12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Here is how my guys eat cucumbers! I do leave the skin on because they seem to prefer having the skin edge to hold on to. If I take the skin off, then they are touching the moist cucumber and they act like they are getting cooties when they touch moist things, especially fruit. I now will cut this cucumber slice in half so they have better access to the flesh.

Cantaloupe needs to be nice and firm and on the dry side. If it is riper and more "wet", they won't touch it. Picky, Picky, Picky squirrels!

lizharrell1
12-17-2011, 08:37 PM
The second one looks kind of like BigBird backwards....talented squirrels you got there!!!! You should see what my flyers do to a hazelnut.....

mpetys
12-17-2011, 08:41 PM
The second one looks kind of like BigBird backwards....talented squirrels you got there!!!! You should see what my flyers do to a hazelnut.....

I love nut shells after squirrels get done with them. Some are really pretty.

Ok, you will have to post a picture of a hazelnut after your flyers get done with it!

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I wash every fruit and veggie in a water and lemon juice mix, helps clean skins and get waxes and what ever else on the outside off