PDA

View Full Version : sleeping more then normal

rehabmom
03-26-2006, 12:13 AM
my blind gray squirrel is 1yr. and he sleeps more then normal .we make him get up but he will be up maybe a total of 2 to maybe 3 hr day is this normal for a blind squirrel .the others are on the go it seems most of the day when they are not takeing a nap.
marna

BuckeyeSqrl
03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Have you had his calcium level checked lately? Low calcium usally causes them to sleep excessively.

vdyhogan
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
in repsonse to the blind squirrel is it staying up all night? Mine slleps all day long and then stays up all night keeping the others very unhappy with his choice of hours to play at, What I did to help solve the problem was to put him in an outside cage all day and that made him stay awake and then he got his days and nights back right and every now and then he still does it and I have to do it again all day at least 6-8 hours. Otherwise he goes out for a couple hours a day as does my other ones that are disabled and I make for sure everyone has there daily does of sunshine!

Momma Squirrel
03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
:wave123 Welcome Vdyhogan to the Squirrel board, glad to have another member and rehabber. It is a very busy time right now with all the new babies being born. We can always use more input and knowledge. If you have any pictures please post them. We are suckers for pictures. Also check out our chat rooms, there is one especially for rehabbers. Kind of sounds like your regular squirrel might have some flying squirrel in him LOL