PDA

View Full Version : NC Rehabber - Thank you!!

squirrelygirl15
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Thank you, everyone! Yes, I can think of many uses for fox pee, and yes, oddly enough most (okay... all) involve my neighbor! Your support and good wishes made all of this possible. I cannot tell you how often I just wanted to throw in the towel. My whole life was put on hold while I researched state and town laws, wrote letters, made phone calls, and posted huge signs on my front walk (a great way to get attention, especially when a tourist trolley drives by four times a day - got the police here dang quick too!). I am a very quiet, shy person; it was quite amazing and surprising to see this side of me. I know I shocked a lot of folks, most of all myself.

I will, of course, heed your cautions. I would never trust this person and will not return to feeding anything in my yard. Undoubtedly, he will continue to kill animals. I truly believe, (and he demonstrated it so clearly), that he has a mental issue. My life here will still be a cat and mouse game, only this time the stakes are higher, he will be arrested if he ever hurts one single squirrel in any way ever again, and I will be watching. He and his wife also took their credibility and flushed it right down the drain - and these are (were) very, very influential people in this town. Everyone is shaking their heads now that they have been exposed as cruel, malicious liars.

My family and I are still going to seek relocation, and we have an appointment with a real estate agent tomorrow. I love my home and hate to leave it, but I cannot live next store to these people.

I finally slept last night, for the first time in a long time, but before I fell asleep this joke popped into my head...

What did the waiter ask my neighbor?
Would you like a little crow with that squirrel, Mr. L*&^%#?

HRT4SQRLS
12-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Thank YOU for caring enough to go to extreme measures to be the voice for God's critters. YOU have now become an activist! I loved your tactics, especially the yard sign for the tourist trolleys to see. That was priceless! You went from zero to professional on your first cause. GO GIRL!! Yes, move somewhere else, so you can get back to your passion of rehabbing. To have gone to the efforts you did, it shows the heart and compassion of a good person. You probable won't be complete until you can resume at some point in the future. Also, remember that the best neighbors are the ones that are the farthest away. Good luck to you Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UDoWhat
12-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I am so happy that this person has been exposed. Do be careful because people like your neighbor do not go down in defeat easily. They are mean and conniving. I am so impressed that you stood up and kept fighting for the SQUIRRELS:alright.gif Bless you.

Marty