PDA

View Full Version : NC Rehabber Continued Saga

squirrelygirl15
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Today our wildlife guy came to assess the damage in my neighbors’ yards. If there was damage the officer told me he would give the neighbors a Depredation Permit; if there was no damage they are violating the law and would be advised of such. Well, long story short, these idiots have no damage, and on top of that, they have to squirrel proof their yards - meaning tree removal and trimming - including one neighbor’s beloved fig trees. One neighbor actually had the audacity to lie to the police chief on several occasions telling him the squirrels damage his property, making the chief now look like an ass.

Luckily, when the officer was here today, he saw how the neighbors were putting the traps within my view - almost from every window - spitefully.

So now, Edenton is safe from random shootings, and the animals are safe from trapping. It has been long and exhausting and stressful, but I finally “won.” Aside from the attitudes I get when I go outside, I am free of this nonsense with the law on my side. Sometimes good guys really do finish first. I almost hugged that damn wildlife guy today. Good golly, I am tired!!

I now have two bottles of fox pee (and pellets on the way via mail order) and no one to pee on!! Boy am I glad!!!

Thank you everyone! You gave me the inspiration to get through my day!!:thankyou

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
So glad to hear this, you stuck to your guns , you didn't put your squirrely tail between your legs and let them get the best of you,
:D :D :D You fought and WON!!!:wahoo
Good for you. pat yourself on the back for me and for all the little critters whose lives will be saved now:D

island rehabber
12-09-2011, 05:44 PM
:wahoo:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:wahoo:alright.gif

astra
12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
GREAT!:multi
as for the stuff, is there an expiration date on it?...
you can always spray along the perimeter of his property anyway, just to be on the safe side, as an extra precaution to help squirrels stay away from him

HRT4SQRLS
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I am SOOOO happy about this. You made my day!! You mean you really can fight city hall and win. POWER TO THE PEOPLE-- the sane ones of course. I am laughing my head off about your PEE in the mail and no one to pee on. Hang on to it, you never know when it might come in handy. Seriously, be careful--nothing worse than a redneck scorned. (I am a Southerner and that word isn't exclusive to the south--ignorant people are everywhere.)

astra
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Seriously, be careful--nothing worse than a redneck scorned. (I am a Southerner and that word isn't exclusive to the south--ignorant people are everywhere.):shakehead true

CritterMom
12-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Yes, I can think of several uses for the urine, all of which, oddly, still seem to involve your neighbor...:thinking :dono
:D

astra
12-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, I can think of several uses for the urine, all of which, oddly, still seem to involve your neighbor...:thinking :dono
:D
:D :D

UDoWhat
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I am so glad to hear this news. I was so worried for your squirrels and for you. These actions by your neighbor were tantamount to psychological abuse. Thank you for protecting these squirrels. :wott

Marty