PDA

View Full Version : Wild Harvest?

Alex
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
At Walmart they sell loads of small animal treats (Gerbil, Mouse, Hamster) and I was curious if these are squirrel safe?
Especially the edible logs?

Also the Wild Harvest pet bedding. It says all natural and no pesticides, it also says it was made from a kapok tree seed pod? It is that safe?:dono

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
the apple logs are good as far as the other treats, squirrels diet and nutritional needs are much different, Kaytee rat blocks in the blue bag are ok
How old is your squirrel and what is he eating now, the bedding I dont know about

Alex
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I have two. They are both big boys and they do eat the Kaytee blocks you mentioned. They both get FV still though, mommy likes to spoil them :dono

Alex
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Colombus will be three months old soon (December 8th:D ). And Napoleon is like 5 months old now.

JakesLittlePrincess
12-05-2011, 06:37 AM
My guys had the edible logs. They nibbled a bit on them but then just peed on them so I took them out. I don't buy the treats because I don't want my guys having too much sugar and other junk.

Alex
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Okay thanks, good to know.

What about the Kapok tree bedding?:thinking

JakesLittlePrincess
12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't know about that I used aspen for their dig boxes and fleece for their bedding. It is easier to clean up. well...the bedding is the dig boxes get all over the place but they're squirrels, I expect nothing less. Sorry I can't help you on that one.

Alex
12-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Okay thanks anyway, perhaps I'll just do that too, my babies wont be guinea pigs!

Mavrycs Mommy
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Okay thanks anyway, perhaps I'll just do that too, my babies wont be guinea pigs!

have your tsb privileges been reinstated or are you just being sneaky?! lol :rotfl def go with the fleece... do you have hmmocks/cubes and things for the boys?!

Alex
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Sneaky Sneaky :rotfl
Fleece? Okay. And Yeh but I definately need spares, mine are in need for a washing :thinking