PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Potatoes

treeman
12-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Do sweet potatoes cause diarrhea? I noticed soft stool this morning. It's either the sweet potato I gave for the first time yesterday or too much formula...

jo_schmoe
12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Do sweet potatoes cause diarrhea? I noticed soft stool this morning. It's either the sweet potato I gave for the first time yesterday or too much formula...
They did with my foxers.....lasting more than a day with just one small piece of it ingested. Reds seem to be fine with them but I think their stomaches are lined with steel!
Too much formula can also cause it. Most of the time the pooh from too much formula is light yellow colored....and from the sweet potato its like orange pudding.

treeman
12-04-2011, 10:42 AM
It seems to just be Sugar. She finished her antibiotic regime yesterday plus the sweet potato probably did it. Poor thing is wiping her bottom on her roof! Otherwise, she seems fine. They are about 9 weeks. I removed the sweet potato and replaced with the apple which they are used too. They are eating their block and spinach as well.

jo_schmoe
12-04-2011, 10:47 AM
It seems to just be Sugar. She finished her antibiotic regime yesterday plus the sweet potato probably did it. Poor thing is wiping her bottom on her roof! Otherwise, she seems fine. They are about 9 weeks. I removed the sweet potato and replaced with the apple which they are used too. They are eating their block and spinach as well.
Try some yogurt....:thumbsup

treeman
12-04-2011, 11:01 AM
She's been doing the yogurt for about ten days but I think I'm going keep her on it for a few more even though she finished her antibiotic.