PDA

View Full Version : help

Roky's mom
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
found a adult squirrel she fell out of the tree looks like she has a hurt eye can not climb back in tree she fell out of we think she may have babys in the tree not sure what to do

cam
11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
I am certainly no expert, but if she seems hurt, then you could try and catch her and take a look (through bars of a cage as she may well bite!) keep her inside for like 24 hours to keep an eye on her. as for any babies that may be in the tree, i am not sure, you could leave them there for a while and make sure they are not another squirrels babies

like i say, i'm no expert, but hopefully a more experienced member can help you soon

astra
11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
found a adult squirrel she fell out of the tree looks like she has a hurt eye can not climb back in tree she fell out of we think she may have babys in the tree not sure what to do
if she fell out and cannot climb, it could mean she sustained a head injury. Whether it's permanent or temporary will be seen in time.

Does she have nipples?... if you can see nipples, then, most likely, she has babies in there. Would you be able to get them?... is there a way to contact a tree trimmer or, maybe, fire department and ask them to help? (i know, it might sound too far-fetched, but that's what I'd try to do if I could not get to the nest myself). Or, maybe, some friends/neighbors who could help?

But if she does not have nipples, then, there should not be babies.

EDIT:
definitely, try to keep her inside because if she can't climb, she will end up being someone's food.
Keep her dark, warm and quiet.
If you can't reach the nest yet, observe it tomorrow: if it is another squirrel's nest, you will see a squirrel going in and out of it.
If no one goes in and out of the nest, then, maybe, it is her nest.
Do keep looking for ways to get to that nest if she has nipples.
Watch for babies that might venture out looking for their mom.

Keep posting updates.

More experienced people will share their thoughts and suggestions

Milo's Mom
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Is the squirrel still outside or have you captured the squirrel and brought it into the house?

Roky's mom
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
just wanted to up date she is in the house now. we tried to see if the nest we found had baby's or not. we are still going to see and or listen fro any baby's tonight and tomorrow she tries to walk but then 2 steps and slowly falls over to one side. have on heating pad. to me she looks week.

Jackie in Tampa
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Please keep container/cage covered...

use lots of Tshirts/fleece so sq can hide.
heating pad under half of container, set on low
shallow bowl of water
grape, apple slice and a nut or two ...
can you give details of how sq is presenting herself?
are ears pleated or laying down?
is fur standing/spikey?
how do her eyes appear?
is she calm...
quiet and dark is best to keep her comfy and not as afraid..
no pets no children please

SammysMom
11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Can you see nipples?

Roky's mom
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
sorry i have not been on to update thing she has nipple you could see but i am sorry to say that on 11-30-11 during the night she passed she is in squirrel heaven we are still trying to find her nest for her baby's my neighbor thinks she was hit by a car not fell from tree. my children are very upset about her passing but are still hope full for her baby's

mpetys
12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
sorry i have not been on to update thing she has nipple you could see but i am sorry to say that on 11-30-11 during the night she passed she is in squirrel heaven we are still trying to find her nest for her baby's my neighbor thinks she was hit by a car not fell from tree. my children are very upset about her passing but are still hope full for her baby's

I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you (and your children) for trying to help her. If there are babies, I hope you can find them.

island rehabber
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Yes I hope you can find them, too, if they are up there. Poor mamma squirrel. :(

I will move this thread out of Emergency Life-Threatening so it does not trigger emails to our rehabbers, for the time being. Please keep us updated, Roky's Mom!