PDA

View Full Version : NY REHABBERS: Reminder! Logs Due NOW!

island rehabber
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
:thankyouSquirlgirl for this reminder because airhead here :wave123 forgot ALL ABOUT IT:New York state wildlife rehabilitation license rules have changed, per the DEC. We MUST get our log sheets in for 2011 BEFORE DEC 1 -- that's Thursday, kids! :eek:

Doing mine now.....agh....thank God for TSB, where I can search my threads and look at the dates when I released my kids! Otherwise, who the heck remembers? :rotfl:rotfl:sanp3

Jackie in Tampa
11-29-2011, 11:12 AM
My logs are in the fireplace!:thumbsup
j/k!:)

astra
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
My logs are in the fireplace!:thumbsup
j/k!:)
:rotfl

Jackie in Tampa
11-29-2011, 01:00 PM
silly girl...don't laugh...
IF...if, I were a rehabber...my logs would be in the fire place fer sure...
there are scrap pieces of paper everwhere that some may call logs...
stick pics and an ancient form of math!:D
it would take more than a year to get them together...
holy smokes I think it would be impossible... :sanp3
and fred does use my junk mail and 'logs' as fire starters!:D

oye.....:jump

island rehabber
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
silly girl...don't laugh...
IF...if, I were a rehabber...my logs would be in the fire place fer sure...
there are scrap pieces of paper everwhere that some may call logs...
stick pics and an ancient form of math!:D
it would take more than a year to get them together...
h
Back in the day when I had 5-6 spring babies and 7-8 fall babies it was easy. I use those cute little fat spiral notebooks and I was very careful about notating things. I still note down all feedings, poops & pees until babies are 6-7 wks old. BUT...once the kids started coming in by double digits, and we expanded to THREE baby seasons, all bets were off! I have to look on TSB to see who came in from where. :thinking:rotfl

Jackie in Tampa
11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Here at Central...a good day is ONLY having 6-7 sqs on meds!
and only 6-7 dirty cages at a time and 6-7 loads of laundry to do...
:poke you can have my logs..I have oak and maple!:thumbsup

island rehabber
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
All done. This was an easy year for me, because I did not originally take in many babies, so did not have to list the contact info. I just released a whole big bunch of 'em for myself and for other rehabbers. :thumbsup

MiriamS
11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
When I attended the Maryland MWRA meeting, someone presented a database that was created for rehabbers and wildlife centers to track the mega numbers of animals treated. It was amazing, even calculating medicine dosages based on weights.

The best part is that they'll give anyone a free account and it's private so you don't have to worry about agencies lurking or anything like that. I have been meaning to post about this. Do you think it would be useful to TSB rehabbers? It would still require going online and entering information.

The wildlife center I have work with a tiny bit uses paper logs and I think they follow Jackie's method of organization. :eek:

island rehabber
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
The wildlife center I have work with a tiny bit uses paper logs and I think they follow Jackie's method of organization.

And mine! :rotfl:eek:
I'd be very interested in taking a look at that. While I don't do huge numbers of critters every year, and I only do squirrels, I could certainly use some improvement in my record-keeping activity.....I'm sure others will be interested, too.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Records? Those are the black round things that used to play music right??

island rehabber
12-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Mine still do, once ya wipe the dust off 'em :D

sleeping koala
12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Also You can use them to fight off zombies with , as shown in the English movie "Shaun of the dead" ! :)

island rehabber
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
BUMP!!!!

:thankyouSquirlgirl for this reminder because airhead here :wave123 forgot ALL ABOUT IT:New York state wildlife rehabilitation license rules have changed! We MUST get our log sheets in for 2012 BEFORE DEC 1 -- that's Saturday, kids! :eek:

Doing mine now.....agh....thank God for TSB, where I can search my threads and look at the dates when I released my kids! Otherwise, who the heck remembers? :rotfl:rotfl:sanp3

kcassidy
11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
BUMP!!!!

:thankyouSquirlgirl for this reminder because airhead here :wave123 forgot ALL ABOUT IT:New York state wildlife rehabilitation license rules have changed! We MUST get our log sheets in for 2012 BEFORE DEC 1 -- that's Saturday, kids! :eek:

DONE :) I keep an excel spreadsheet that I can import. YAY.

I have no more squirrely's and I'm so missing them all are released including my two Queen's Boys. Although they come around for handouts just about every day and are still using the release cage nest boxes.

Go IR :)

Garden71
11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
DONE :) I keep an excel spreadsheet that I can import. YAY.

I have no more squirrely's and I'm so missing them all are released including my two Queen's Boys. Although they come around for handouts just about every day and are still using the release cage nest boxes.

Go IR :)

Glad they are doing good "the queens boys" :thumbsup

island rehabber
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
I know I SHOULD have been doing my logs all day today, but I ended up going to the release site to leave goodies. Saw some FAT grey kids:Love_Icon.....it was cold up there so I didn't stay long. Anyway my logs are done but I'm starting the tally sheets now. 14 released in the spring; 12 released in the fall with 9 overwintering and one precious girl still here with me.

Nancy in New York
11-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I know I SHOULD have been doing my logs all day today, but I ended up going to the release site to leave goodies. Saw some FAT grey kids:Love_Icon.....it was cold up there so I didn't stay long. Anyway my logs are done but I'm starting the tally sheets now. 14 released in the spring; 12 released in the fall with 9 overwintering and one precious girl still here with me.

And how is that precious little girl doing?:)

Garden71
11-28-2012, 08:41 PM

:bricks
GOD BLESS YOU :grouphug

island rehabber
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks G71. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what many many rehabbers do, but I do my best. PS: I think I forgot the 8 I released for FLo and 4 for Mary Jane and Darwin and Lucky and little Peanut.....what's 15 more? :D

Nancy, Krista is adorable. But so frustrated. She is moving faster and stronger, but not all that more coordinated, so she scares me sometimes the way she flings herself around. She is still loving and sweet and could have you squidge her all day long. :Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks G71. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what many many rehabbers do, but I do my best. PS: I think I forgot the 8 I released for FLo and 4 for Mary Jane and Darwin and Lucky and little Peanut.....what's 15 more? :D

Nancy, Krista is adorable. But so frustrated. She is moving faster and stronger, but not all that more coordinated, so she scares me sometimes the way she flings herself around. She is still loving and sweet and could have you squidge her all day long. :Love_Icon

Krista knows there is something that just is not working right.
Do you think that she misses the other littles being next to her?

Poor little peanut being frustrated. I continue to pray for that little one, and
just hope in time, it all comes together........:Love_Icon