PDA

View Full Version : Squirrels on the Fla Panhandle

bobby taylor
11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I am not going to give up trying to figure out how to use this site. I hope to adventually figure out how to manuver around this site without it taking all day. I just tried to post a thread and it came up in another location. My question is to those located on the Fla pan handle. Are you seeing less squirrels than last year? I usually have 4-5 at the feeders everyday, but for some reason none now. Ever since this past spring I am seeing a decline. After last years B.P./Govt Oil Spill and this hot summer they just are not showing up around the neighborhood or the whole area as before. Also fewer birds and fewer species. Please let me know if others are seeing this trend. Thanks, Bobby

Skul
11-19-2011, 01:10 AM
:wave123
Sometimes it takes a day or two for things to catch up.
Please keep in mind, new members are often restricted from areas until they hit a certain post level.
This is to help weed out spammers.
Most of the help area should be availabe.
Most of the chat area may not.
Please bear with us in this matter.

island rehabber
11-19-2011, 08:22 AM
BT, I've been told that the squirrel population rises and falls with the availability of natural foods (makes sense). This year apparently is an "off year" for red oak trees: they are not producing many acorns at all. I'm not sure if this is why you're seeing fewer squirrels....mammas had fewer babies? :dono