PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys! New Member Here :)

Fyyreflyye
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi All!

I'm a new member but have been a guest since I first needed desperate help almost 2 years ago after my boyfriend dropped off two 6 1/2 week old baby squirrels for me to take care of. Since then, I have learned so much about squirrels that I cannot imagine how anyone could NOT love them!

Unfortunately, squirrels are illegal in my state so it is a challenge for anyone who wants to take care of/rehab/keep one as a pet. The story on the baby squirrels is a bit long so I'll spare the details for now, but without the squirrel board, they both would have been done for. You guys are awesome! Thank you!

~Fyyreflyye

stepnstone
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
:Welcome Fyyreflyye :wave123
This is your "safe" zone, any pictures to share?

Jackie in Tampa
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
:Welcome :wave123

Fyyreflyye
11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Hmm...I can't seem to find a way to load a photo from my computer. As soon as I figure how to get some pics up, I will post them!

Unfortunately one of the babies didn't make it, but the other one is a happy, healthy, people-lover with a huge personality. He loves to play and will play with pretty much anyone, and even developed a special bond with my boyfriend's parent's cat, Sophie! He loves Henry's Healthy Blocks and has been eating them pretty much from the start. He's a big grump in the morning until he gets one :) By far the most social squirrel I've heard of! We are very lucky to have the unique opportunity to live with such a special creature. Yay for squirrels!

mjs

JakesLittlePrincess
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Hello & :Welcome

SquirrelCav
11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
:Welcome

In the "Reply to Thread" scroll down to Additional Options, click on Manage Attachments (second box down) and a window will open that'll let you select files to upload.

Fyyreflyye
11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I think that maybe my account hasn't been fully activated yet, and that's why I can't post any attachments. Oh well...there will be plenty of pics after I am fully a member!

Are there any people on here that have experience with ground squirrels? I have noticed that most members have experience with tree squirrels and I think their behavior and temperaments might be a bit different.

Excited to be here :)

astra
11-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I think that maybe my account hasn't been fully activated yet, and that's why I can't post any attachments. Oh well...there will be plenty of pics after I am fully a member!

Are there any people on here that have experience with ground squirrels? I have noticed that most members have experience with tree squirrels and I think their behavior and temperaments might be a bit different.

Excited to be here :)
yes, there are a few people who have ground squirrels.
pappy is the first one who comes to mind, then a new member Beanie... then, i think, squirrelfriend has one... there have been other members, just can't think of all the names