PDA

View Full Version : Lucky is Urinating Drop by Drop!!

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Lucky woke up this morning, Jumping around, dancing back and forth, last couple days i've noticed very little urine, and it she usually sprays us, looks like she s trying, and she was a little wet down there and it doesnt look iritated. She has pooped normal, nice size pellets, she has been eating, i really think she needs to see the vet, i Live in Illinois a Chicago suburb, please advice asap!!!!

island rehabber
11-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Sounds like she may have a UTI (urinary tract infection). This requires antibiotics to cure....Baytril is quickest for this. Do you have a vet who will cooperate -- maybe give you a scrip for Baytril for "a pet rat" or cat? In the meantime, make sure she has plenty of clean water to drink and make sure her water bottle isn't clogged; you'd be surprised how many times we don't realize the bottle is the problem when the squirrel is not peeing....:sanp3

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 07:25 AM
i monitor her bottle all the time and she does drink, and im giving her fresh cranberries, when i let her out she was rubbing herself against the couch, she seems a little uneasy like shes trying to pee, she did pee a little bit in her habitat but not like she use to, theres a vet thats open at 11, i would like one thats experience with squirrels

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-07-2011, 07:26 AM
I emailed a squirrel friendly vet to you- I know its far for you but they can help 100% squirrel friendly. That would explain your water drinking too. There is a rehabber closer to you that may have a stash of baytiril. I emailed her info too. Call me if you need more info. We'll get little Lucky back on track :)

PS be sure this vet is ok with squirrels as pets - Illinois law is very strict and the vet is required to confiscate this squirrel (his licesense requires it) as squirrels are TOTALLY Illegal in Illinois. They will not rehab and release - trust me on this. Please call me or double check, I know only 3 in Illinois 2 are rehabbers and will remove it from your posession-

island rehabber
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I emailed a squirrel friendly vet - I know its far for you but they can help 100% squirrel friendly. That would explain your water drinking too. There is a rehabber closer to you that may have a stash. I emailed her info too. Call me if you need more info. We'll get little Lucky back on track :)
:wahoo:thankyou2ndHand, I was just pM'ing you but you beat me to it :thumbsup

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Lucky and our family appreciate it very much, we love her very much!!

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Lucky is about 2 1/2 years old, we had her since she was a month old

gs1
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
jed:grouphug even if you have to rent a car you're going to have to take her to the vet...it's just going to get worse....please talk to 2ndhand:grouphug

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Lucky looks like shes trying to Urinate and drinking water, i let her out and she's looking for pecans and walnuts she stashed around the house

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
we need a vet very quick, im in the Chicago suburbs, and like 20min from Indiana and 40 min from Wisconsin

gs1
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
jed please tell me that you are talking to secondhand ...she's your only rehabber in the area....

i don't know of any others.....

can you understand this?

you need a vet to help you not put her to sleep or take her from you .....

can you understand?

secondhand is an amazing rehabber she has contacts in her area.....

i don't know what else to tell you.

:grouphug

island rehabber
11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
GO WITH 2ndHand's referrals -- we don't know of ANYONE else and she is an excellent rehabber who will not steer you wrong! If you have to drive a little further than expected, your squirrel's life is at stake here.

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
i have spoken to her, i'm calling around a couple places to take her asap

gs1
11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
if you have to get a taxi i'd take her to second hands vet.....:grouphug

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Just spoke with Lucky's petparent - and he's going to call his vet at 11 to get appointment. He's seen him before when she had a paw issue, so they have a relationship. Said call if he needs anything at all. I think UTI too. & he's going to start feeding blocks - she's a spoiled girl and having a little temper tantrum over them - but we know how that is!!!

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Transportation is not a problem, its finding a vet that would see her, apparantly the vet that seen her last year in the area retired and i'm waiting to hear from the other vet

gs1
11-07-2011, 11:27 AM
:thumbsup i'd still not want to rule out second hands vet though ...squirrel experienced vets are wonderful .....

ok i'm budding out....:D

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
apparantly the vet that seen her before has retired, the other doc thats there now is suppose to call me at 12:30 when shes in

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Here's Lucky and her Home!

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
that is a wonderful house - lets get Lucky better!! She is well loved!!!

gs1
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM
that is a wonderful house - lets get Lucky better!! She is well loved!!!

yes!!! :grouphug

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
We got Lucky looked at today She was a little scared riding in the car but she made it We got weighed got some Baytril for her!!! She's gonna get 0.26 ccs of Baytril and her diet ishonna be more HaRdKoRe with alotta healthy stuff!! She get her 1st dosage in t-25 min!! When we got home she was so happy be home!!! Thank God and for all the good people of this world to help Lucky!!

mjs :thankyou

gs1
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
:D :D :D :thumbsup

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
:multi

mpetys
11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Been reading about Lucky and am so glad you were able to get her seen by a vet. What an adventure, a car ride, new people. I don't blame her for being glad to be home. By the way, I love her set up you have for her.

Jedifalcon2579
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Lucky took the Baytril like a champ, i think she even savored it, and afterwards gave her a piece of walnut for being hardkore with the Baytril, She's all relaxed now, comfortable and resting!!! I want to thank Kathie for helping Lucky out, without her i don't know what we wouda done!!! Thank you all for always being there in times of need, Lucky appreciates it very much!!

:thankyou mjs :thumbsup

mpetys
11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Lucky took the Baytril like a champ, i think she even savored it, and afterwards gave her a piece of walnut for being hardkore with the Baytril, She's all relaxed now, comfortable and resting!!! I want to thank Kathie for helping Lucky out, without her i don't know what we wouda done!!! Thank you all for always being there in times of need, Lucky appreciates it very much!!

:thankyou mjs :thumbsup

Living in Florida, where we have easy access to veterinary care, I just can't imagine being in your shoes. I'm so glad you were able to get help!

Jedifalcon2579
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
yeah itz def not easy taking a squirrel to the Vet in Illinois! This morning, she pee'd some good small puddles something she hasnt done in a while, she was hoping around, jumping, she was happy, she ate some beet greens, papaya, snap peas, cranberies, some organic salad, some block, drank water, a little bit of boo balls, we gave her the baytril at 9am, it was much tougher than at night, she pee'd some more after we gave her the baytril,she was a little mad at first, then she was happy again, when i let her out she was looking for walnuts and pecan stashes, tonight im gonna find all those stashes so we can limit those nuts, before i let her out, she pee'd a nice size puddle, and she looked relieved! I cleaned up the urine with a towel and the color looked very healthy, a nice yellow, not dark!! She's getting back to normal!!!

mjs :jump :thumbsup