PDA

View Full Version : Scratches

M.Bear
11-03-2011, 09:05 PM
My squirrelly is scratching me all over what can I do clip the nails or what do u all do? I look Like a cutter!!!! Help please!

Mia
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Lol I looked the same way last week from head to toe. I had to take my babies out of town with me and I was feeding them in the bathroom (away from children and dogs) they had a field day jumping all over me and I have five. They continuously took the same route. So to avoid any more scratches on my face I pulled my hoodie up and turned around it was to late of course but for the next couple days. I made sure I wore my hoodie and kept my back to the route they took. I have also decided I will wear my robe at play time they like to go in and out of it and all around me. So I have to wear a some what thick shirt. The only real issues I have is there scratching my neck and chest. So the robe or hoodie helps. Thought about gloves but I am not one to wear them. I really don't feel the scratches on them, but you should see the looks when you had someone money in a store. lol

gs1
11-04-2011, 10:49 AM
:grouphug protective clothing!!!

Rhapsody
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
While you can clip their nails after giving them some "Rescue Remedy" to calm them down and wrapping them up like a burrito in a soft receiving blanket --most of us experience Squirrel people just find it easier to wear protective clothing like gs1 mention (a thick long sleeve Jean shirt) over your regular shirt and (pants) will usually do the trick.

Good Luck..... :D

DipityDane
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Agreed, protective clothing....long sleeves, pants, and watch out for your eyes :D IF you trim nails the babies wont have the same climbing ability (tho they think they do) and could fall and injure themselves, so nail trimming isnt the best for squirrels. I guess Ive toughened up over the years because I barely notice the scratches anymore and until someone says "omg what happened!" I kinda forget they're there :tilt

Rhapsody
11-04-2011, 11:21 AM
IF you trim nails the babies wont have the same climbing ability (tho they think they do) and could fall and injure themselves, so nail trimming isnt the best for squirrels.IF one must trim..... remember to do it with alternating feet to help the squirrel keep some of his climbing abilities while you keep some of your skin.
(ex: trim - left front nail and back right nail..... leave the other two feet / nails alone)

OR -- (trim front nails and leave the back nails alone).

Jedifalcon2579
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
when Lucky was younger we use to trim her nails, and we use to feel bad everytime because she couldnt climb anywhere. My advice is to Not Trim her nails, what we do is have a Squirrel Sweater, basically a sweater that she can climb all over and u won't have to worry about any scratches!!!

mjs