PDA

View Full Version : Munchie Munchkin

MunchieMunchkin
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bsSXs48duC0/TpIM7LxoCGI/AAAAAAAABDk/e_G8gqlhhT4/s320/MunchieMunchkin.jpg

Hi Everyone,

My name is Munchie Munchkin. I'm about 10 weeks old, I live in the Northeast, and own 2 big walking, talking trees named Sean and Jeff. They found me on the ground after a bad storm last month, and when my momma didn't come back for me, they took me to a wildlife rehabber. Since the rehabber was already swamped (30 other orphans from the storm!), she didn't really have room for me. She did say that my trees had read up very carefully, though, and knew what they were doing, so I should just go back and stay with them.

She also said I probably had a mild case of Down's (and said that I am very special), and perhaps shouldn't be let back into the wild. Meanwhile, I've done a very good job of stealing their hearts, and I know how to push their buttons to get what I want. My favorite thing in the whole world is to curl up in the big trees' hands and lick their fingers for hours on end. I know they love me very much and want to do everything they can to take good care of me. They thought it would be a very good idea if I introduced myself, that way if they had any questions later on, you would all know who I am.

OK. I'm exhausted. I need to find a hand to curl up in and lick.

-Munchie Munchkin

(PS, although they've done a lot of reading, my trees can't find information about what my normal vital signs - especially breaths and heart beats per minute - should be)

Milo's Mom
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Well hello Munchie Munchkin and :Welcome.
Aren't you just the cutest little one. You are a very lucky little squirrel to have found such wonderful caring walking talking trees to care for you. I do not know what your vitals should be but I am sure that there are many people on TSB that do know and will be happy to share.
It's going to be great watching you grow up...you are SO CUTE!!!:Love_Icon

Jackie in Tampa
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
:Welcome you are adorable!:Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
10-09-2011, 06:00 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bsSXs48duC0/TpIM7LxoCGI/AAAAAAAABDk/e_G8gqlhhT4/s320/MunchieMunchkin.jpg

Hi Everyone,

My name is Munchie Munchkin. I'm about 10 weeks old, I live in the Northeast, and own 2 big walking, talking trees named Sean and Jeff. They found me on the ground after a bad storm last month, and when my momma didn't come back for me, they took me to a wildlife rehabber. Since the rehabber was already swamped (30 other orphans from the storm!), she didn't really have room for me. She did say that my trees had read up very carefully, though, and knew what they were doing, so I should just go back and stay with them.

She also said I probably had a mild case of Down's (and said that I am very special), and perhaps shouldn't be let back into the wild. Meanwhile, I've done a very good job of stealing their hearts, and I know how to push their buttons to get what I want. My favorite thing in the whole world is to curl up in the big trees' hands and lick their fingers for hours on end. I know they love me very much and want to do everything they can to take good care of me. They thought it would be a very good idea if I introduced myself, that way if they had any questions later on, you would all know who I am.

OK. I'm exhausted. I need to find a hand to curl up in and lick.

-Munchie Munchkin

(PS, although they've done a lot of reading, my trees can't find information about what my normal vital signs - especially breaths and heart beats per minute - should be)

Well you are just too adorable Munchie Munchkin.....:Love_Icon Now who wouldn't make room for you?:dono BUT I have a feeling that was your lucky day....because not many rehabbers will let their babies use them as a tree....:rotfl Just too many babies to do that with. So you are very special and it sounds like you really got a break when Sean and Jeff found you.

Munchie, you ask a very good question about heart beats and vital signs....Hmmmm don't recall ever hearing what the correct answer is. If I find out, I will pass it along to one of your trees.....I mean Sean or Jeff....:grouphug
:Love_Icon

squirrelsinthehood
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Great name for a great looking little squirrel! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

mousehole
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
:wave123 hello cutie and welcome :Welcome

2ndHandRanchRescue
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Awesome and what good walking magical learned trees you have!
:Welcome

island rehabber
10-10-2011, 06:40 AM
:Welcome MunchieMunchkin AND your trees! What an adorable, lucky little baby you are. I just enabled you for full membership here so you can have the run of the place, virtually speaking! We are very glad you found us and look forward to watching & helping your trees and you :).

mpetys
10-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi Munchie Munchkin (and Sean and Jeff). Oh please post more! I am captivated by your story and your wonderful storytelling skills. What a smart little squirrel! I am not a squirrel, but I am a tree like your Sean and Jeff. How lucky you are to have two trees! My squirrels just have a forest of one: me! Have you started running really fast around your trees? If not, you will soon. Apparently it is very much fun for a squirrel. The faster the better. The more nail contact into the skin apparently is better for a better, secure hold onto your trees so you don't fall.

Welcome. By the way, you are adorable! I am looking forward to watching you grow up!

dewgrl
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello Munchkin!!!!! Hello to your trees too! We are Squeaks and Nibbles. Our tree has had Nibbles for a few days longer than they have had me. Sounds like you are as lucky as we were to have found such great walking and talking trees! We are younger than you are and we both hope to be as smart as you are when we get that big... although we think we were pretty smart to have found our trees we live with now.I think we are all going to have so much fun growing up with our walking trees that talk to us and together here on TSB. All the walking and talking trees on here seem so wonderful and smart about what our trees need to be helping us with and doing for us so we have long happy lives :thumbsup

Tell your trees the other walking, talking trees on here have some strange fascination with photos of our furry little faces so they need to get more photos of you.. lots more LOL

Squeaks and Nibbles

MunchieMunchkin
10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aGs_XcYJvqs/TpMYJushwjI/AAAAAAAABDs/KFgMRGOfDqI/s1600/MunchieMunchkin02.jpg

Hi everybody,

This is Munchie Munchkin again. I just wanted to say thanks for all the really nice things you had to say. I'm very glad to be here, and I know you made my trees very happy too! As you can see, I'm exhausted from all the reading.

I know that one of my trees has some questions about my nutrition, so he'll be posting that later today. Meanwhile, I'll get back to sleep.

Oh, and hi Squeaks and Nibbles!

-Munchie Munchkin

island rehabber
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Munchie, after your nap, please tell your trees that nutrition is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing about raising a baby squirrel, and also THE MOST IMPORTANT thing about keeping a non-releasable squirrel healthy for his whole little lifetime. Calcium vs. phosphorous is what it's all about. The Nutrition Forum here has lots of great suggestions for healthy foods, rodent blocks, etc. Make sure your trees read it a couple of times, and then quiz them! :D

JakesLittlePrincess
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Hello & :Welcome What a cute little one you are! I hope your trees spoil you completely as all life long tree companions should!!!

MunchieMunchkin
10-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Thank you IR... one of my trees posted a long question in another thread, and I will be sure that he reads all about my nutrition tonight - preferably when I'm napping on his shoulder or licking his ear.

Junior
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Munchie - you are adorable!!! I was lucky enough to have a baby like you in my nursery for part of this season, my little Mucho was a precious gift. They are very lucky to have you!!! You will need lots of kisses......