PDA

View Full Version : I would like to introduce curlie, newt, and myself.

Curliesmom
10-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Hello TSB! I jsut wanted to introduce myself and my too "children" curlie(a five yr old female gray) and newt (a 9 week olf male gray). Both are happy and healthy but i do have quesstions.
1: will a boy chase a girl as bad as a girl will a girl? In the past few years the females besides curlie have got to about 14 weeks old and then chased the living dickens out of curlie. Shes gotten scared of any squirrel we bring in. ( i get babies frequently cuz my husband is a tree climber and takes down trees. He tries to reunite with the mother each time but sometime it doesnt work)-(so i get them and either take to spca or raise and release depending on how the spca numbers are in their rehab program
2: newt is 9 weeks old and still eating 4X a day 20-25 ml each time and doesnt want solids at all even tho i try to engage his attention each day with diff items. What else can i do?
3: he pees on himself as he sleeps. Bath every day im not kidding. I thinks he licks himself in his sleep. What do i do? Thanks for help.

Jackie in Tampa
10-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Hello TSB! I jsut wanted to introduce myself and my too "children" curlie(a five yr old female gray) and newt (a 9 week olf male gray). Both are happy and healthy but i do have quesstions.
1: will a boy chase a girl as bad as a girl will a girl? In the past few years the females besides curlie have got to about 14 weeks old and then chased the living dickens out of curlie. Shes gotten scared of any squirrel we bring in. ( i get babies frequently cuz my husband is a tree climber and takes down trees. He tries to reunite with the mother each time but sometime it doesnt work)-(so i get them and either take to spca or raise and release depending on how the spca numbers are in their rehab program
2: newt is 9 weeks old and still eating 4X a day 20-25 ml each time and doesnt want solids at all even tho i try to engage his attention each day with diff items. What else can i do?
3: he pees on himself as he sleeps. Bath every day im not kidding. I thinks he licks himself in his sleep. What do i do? Thanks for help.
..I have one right now too..
His name is a burly name and he wets the bed...Chain:)
AND he has a brother...:shakehead Poor Dusty...

They are over eaters...bed wetters, lazy heavy sleepers...
every blue moon I get one of these guys..
actually Chain is a lover buddy...sweet and stinky too...
yes baths....I use baby bath, no tears stuff.
so Chain smells like lavender:rotfl

:Welcome :wave123

CritterMom
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I swear, the pee in bed thing is a BOY thing. My little guy did it too. Unfortunately, he had wooden nest box...

What worked for me was eliminating all vestiges of pee smell from his nest, which in this case meant I had to throw the nestbox away and build another one. He was washed, the box had no more smell and that seemed to break the habit. I think sometimes they continue to pee there because it smells like pee (talk about your vicious circle!)

I would do a super washing on all of his bedding - perhaps use some of that Natures Miracle enzyme stuff they sell in pet shops first, then regular detergent, and see if it helps.

2ndHandRanchRescue
10-05-2011, 08:38 AM
:Welcome
A tree climber and a rescuer - love it - thanks for helping the sweeties.
I have a 2 fancy rats that have fallen in love with my old toothless squirrel - but they are bed wetters too - grrrr - the smell! So I have many little easy access nest boxes out of plastic (mini crates from the dollar store - and no one chews) all over the cages - so I'm always doing laundry - yes Natures Miracle is a Miracle!!
Hey we love photos :)

Curliesmom
10-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks all! I changed my bedroom around so newt can get in beside the bed. Thats where hes been wanting to go so he got his wish. Unfortunatly he stull wants to sleep in bed with me lol. Oh well. Hes still little so another week or so wont hurt him. He is still on formula and still not wanting the squirrel block. Im going to make some buiscuts today and put in some nuts. Hopefully curlie will nibble them too. Shes not into anything other than nuts and acorns. Shes a chub. I have plenty of pics but no internet yet. I do all this on my phone and it is limited. But soon i will post pics. And yes my husband loves helping the squirrels when he cuts down the trees. There isnt many like him and hes been getting the othe tree service people to save them not kill them. We love our curlie and life wouldnt be the same without her.

Curliesmom
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh one more thing that still needs answering. Do the boys chase the girls as bad as girls do? Every little girl thats come thru here has chased curlie no end. But she actually stands up to newt. Curlies a one of a kind no kidding. I can actually "sic" her on my husband if hes messing with her food. Its so hilarious. She gets all fluffed up and starts stomping her feet and is so funny. She only jumps about 6 inches. And only if shes sure the thing wont move. But i aint complaining. Keeps her off all the stuff she shouldnt be on. God help us in a few weeks when newt will possibly be jumping up on everything.