PDA

View Full Version : Meet Kai!

Adventurista
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM
At long last....I finally had a free night from work and could snap a few pics of this little baby. He opened his eyes last Wednesday, and wow! He is just growing up now.

His name is Kaikura, which is African for squirrel, and we're calling him Kai for short....or Squee most often. Such a cutie and so much fun. Thanks to everyone who has helped me so many times since he was a one day-old little pinkie with a hurt arm and a big scratch on his bum. :than

2ndHandRanchRescue
10-04-2011, 10:36 PM
adorable!!!!:Welcome

Skul
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Did you get a weight on him yet?
Looks to be around 5 weeks old.

NStuart
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
OMG....he is adorable...........They just keep getting cuter, day by day!

Beanie
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Cute! Looks like a tiny little puppy!

Adventurista
10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Did you get a weight on him yet?
Looks to be around 5 weeks old.

Actually, I weigh him every day---he's six weeks old now, and suddenly jumped to about 80g. Putting weight on him was just impossible, but since he opened his eyes (one week ago today) he's gained about 30g! Maybe he just couldn't see what he was eating? :thinking

Nancy in New York
10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Maybe he just couldn't see what he was eating? :thinking

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Adventurista
10-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Can anyone tell if he's a grey or a foxer? I can try posting a larger version of the picture if it helps. I'm kind of leaning to a fox, because we have sooooo many of those around here.

Nancy in New York
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Can anyone tell if he's a grey or a foxer? I can try posting a larger version of the picture if it helps. I'm kind of leaning to a fox, because we have sooooo many of those around here.
Definitely fox squirrel....we have none....:shakehead

Adventurista
10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, he's pretty fun, and quite the hit around here! I just can't believe how quickly he's growing---all of the sudden. It's fun to watch!

Nancy in New York
10-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, he's pretty fun, and quite the hit around here! I just can't believe how quickly he's growing---all of the sudden. It's fun to watch!

Such a great age.....and they take your heart faster than they grow:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon
He is adorable.....:Love_Icon

Adventurista
10-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Such a great age.....and they take your heart faster than they grow:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon
He is adorable.....:Love_Icon

I know...even the people who thought he looked like a fetus are falling in love! hahahaha! I'm starting to think maybe I want a sugar glider after he leaves!

MiriamS
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Great job Adventurista! :bowdown You should be so proud of yourself for successfully raising him from such a young age. Amazing.

He's ridiculously adorable.

Adventurista
10-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Great job Adventurista! :bowdown You should be so proud of yourself for successfully raising him from such a young age. Amazing.

He's ridiculously adorable.

There is NO WAY it wouldn't have happened without the help from everyone here. Truly. Especially all the help at 2am! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl