PDA

View Full Version : jumping bean?!

Mavrycs Mommy
10-04-2011, 06:13 PM
my fur baby is now a FUR MONSTER!!! he's a jumping, biting, wood munching crazy kid thats gets into EVERYTHING!!! i :Love_Icon him though! his new favorite game is "jump on daddy" no matter how far away Matthew is standing Mavryc will attempt to jump on him :dono sometimes he makes it sometimes he doesnt :shakehead im afraid he will hurt him self! yesterday he jumped off the back of the couch on to the hard wood floor! he jumped on a stack of dvds the other day and fell off its getting to the point that i dont want to let him out to play (not because he bothers me or anything because he doesnt i just dont want him hurt) hes full of energy but there HAS to be a safer way to let it out!!!

CritterMom
10-04-2011, 06:35 PM
You are right to be concerned.

Mama squirrels don't allow their babies to so much as stick a nose out of the nest until they are 10 weeks old at least. That means that until they are 2.5 months old they spend 24/7 in a nest the side of a shoebox! When they are allowed to venture out and start climbing, they are older, more mature, stronger, and more coordinated.

He is having a ball but you need to be really careful. I would have soft stuff like comforters on the floor under his play area until he can better manage his body!

Anne
10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
All I can suggest is a thorough Squirrel proofing . Anything that can break-will. Anything that can fall-will. Anything that can't take a squirrel's linebacker head on hit-put it away. A nicely decorated home is a thing of the past, you now have a squirrel. Warn all guests that are allowed in that they may be the object of a squirrel blitz :jump . Your home is no longer yours!!!!!:poke :poke :shakehead

Mavrycs Mommy
10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
i tried that but his "play area" always ends up larger than planned he climbs curtains jumps on everything runs up and down the tv! energizer should consider ditching the bunny and picking up Mav Man for their logo

Mavrycs Mommy
10-04-2011, 06:41 PM
All I can suggest is a thorough Squirrel proofing . Anything that can break-will. Anything that can fall-will. Anything that can't take a squirrel's linebacker head on hit-put it away. A nicely decorated home is a thing of the past, you now have a squirrel. Warn all guests that are allowed in that they may be the object of a squirrel blitz :jump . Your home is no longer yours!!!!!:poke :poke :shakehead
ha ive already accepted that fact!! :osnap

debrandw246@yahoo.com
11-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Hahahaha Love your squirrel blitz info. Stewart has his own room. I used to call it the rose room. Now it's Stewarts room. My home is on the market for sale. The real estate agent came last week with a client. My husband said, sorry you can't go in there. Why she says. It's Stewarts room. Who is Stewart she says. He is our squirrel child and he isn't taking visitors at the moment. You will have to make an appointement to speak to him. Aaaaaaahahahahaha Thank goodness they were both animal lovers.
We have a beautiful cabin in the mountains....Stewart has ruled the house since his furriness arrived. I would not have it any other way. I love my Stewart!!!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

Mavrycs Mommy
11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl thats TOO funny! Mav Man is king here as well!!!! :D

chickenmom
11-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm in the same boat here. Spock is about 4 months now. He is spending more time in his cage, especially when my son is here. I just let him out and had to put him back after 20 minutes because he was treeing both of us like crazy and biting our hands.

Teenagers!!!:dono

One thing I have noticed is he can be much more mellow when its ONE person. One on one time. If no one else is around, he will let me belly scratch him upside down and go right to sleep in my hands. Same with Greg. But if there is more than one human...he turns into a wild monkey!

chickenmom
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I second the squirrel proofing! Our house is becoming more and more less interesting daily. Oh well!:rotfl