PDA

View Full Version : poop nazi please advise

scootermom
09-29-2011, 07:53 PM
First rehab I've done for squirrel been hard even though he's been great patient still having problem with poop found him on Sept 4 got him on Fox Valley having difficulty with pooping still. Poppa squirrel not as patient momma squirrel aka me is a nurse and still wiping his gentials with warm cotton ball to prevent urine squalding and stimilating bowels especially when not feeding have kept exstentive log of movements during later part of day. Nibbling on buffet of vegetables and fruits including watermelon but not feeding or pooping until I arive home around 4:30 which between that and 8:00 pm produced over 100 pellets large in size and coming out in 4 to 6 bundles as I would call it. Going to try to introduce water feeding during day please help his weight was 305 grams very healthy happy bushy baby worried that he is eating too much bark due to tree house with nesting box poppa squirrel made. Momma squirrel tired up every morning feeding 12cc and making sure he poops sets up veggy and fruit buffet and comes in at 4:30 pm to poop and feed again poppa squirrel lucky to get 5 cc of fox valley formula in him until I get in. Please any advice will help thanking you in advance. Momma squirrel

Rhapsody
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
We do our feeding based on weight / 5-7 % of body weight (305 grams)
When they go to eating solids food you can decrease the formula amount and times to 3 x a day....... ex: breakfast, lunch, dinner.

We prefer they eat a good quality squirrel block, then vegetables, wild plants, fruits and nuts / acorns........ less fruits more vegetables.

Safe FOOD list:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28009

Squirrel Block - HHB
http://www.henryspets.com/

If your Squirrel is having problem with going to the bathroom (constipation) I would recommend some can pumpkin (natural - no spices) to help move the bowels along..... and some extra water to make sure they are not dehydrated.

If your squirrel is having problems with loose or runny poops make sure you NOT over feeding them or giving them to much fruit as both of these things can cause problems with their poops........ to much watermelon will do this.

scootermom
09-29-2011, 08:13 PM
thank you so much almost bought him pumpkin today have not had any problem with stool knock on wood or knaw on wood will post pictures of cage maybe too big too much wood looks like tree house stool very hard his poppa is the playtime squirrel he sees me and knows its business either pooping or eating. Thank you so much for your response. Maureen