PDA

View Full Version : in pet store need help now!

truffle
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok in pet store non of the brands available what about burgess excel rabbit it only one with calcium phosphurus and vit d

Rhapsody
09-27-2011, 10:16 AM
What are we looking for?

truffle
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Main food don't have blocks here

truffle
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Found supreme science selective rat pellets any good?

island rehabber
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Rabbits have a very different diet from squirrels -- I would not buy that.
You may end up making your own blocks -- we have a recipe here on TSB
http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27994

island rehabber
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Found supreme science selective rat pellets any good?

I just checked out the ingredients in that -- wheat & corn, mostly, with stuff like alfalfa that squirrels don't eat. Have to say NO to that one, too.... sorry

Rhapsody
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I would NOT get the Rabbit ones - to High in FIBER.
What color Bag do they have in the Rat Pellets? - do they have they the vegetarian one? (it might be ok) for the time being.

Rhapsody
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
I just checked out the ingredients in that -- wheat & corn, mostly, with stuff like alfalfa that squirrels don't eat. Have to say NO to that one, too.... sorry
How about the Vegetarian one IR? - for RATS!!
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/food/rat/reggie_rat/153198

truffle
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Can't get stuff to make our own help! Pet store suggesting dog meal dry food

island rehabber
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
How about the Vegetarian one IR? - for RATS!!
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/food/rat/reggie_rat/153198

That looks a bit better, although I am no nutrition expert and spoiled by the fact that we can get so many quality rodent blocks here in the US....hopefully 4skwerlz will weigh in :)

island rehabber
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Can't get stuff to make our own help! Pet store suggesting dog meal dry food

Definitely NOT. For baby raccoons, sure (except you don't have those in the UK :)) but not for baby squirrels. The Selective rat food you mentioned might be your best bet.

truffle
09-27-2011, 11:43 AM
ok in library on internet full pc use wow! lol right i got the vegetarian rat mix puppy milk formula and getting some veg etc will have to hide the chocolate morgan won't be happy lol tho i think rollo is a big a fan as he is. Question do you get rollos in the states? chocolate covered soft caramel nestle i think oh got a tiny harness and lead too so we can get him used to the outdoors fingers crossed btw are kitten flea collars suitable for squirrels?:dono

truffle
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Cheers! No flea collars!done!:thumbsup omg gave him the puppy milk and he's gone crazy nearly climbed in the dish! Couldn't wait to guzzle it lol and he's normally such an elegant drinker! No kidding he really is. He promptly buried his rat chunk things as he does this with his fav treats I'm guessing its a good sign.:thankyou

Rhapsody
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Good to hear the Vegetarian Rat Pellets are going to work for him and that he is liking the puppy formula...... :thumbsup

island rehabber
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
NO NUTS for awhile, until he's a regular rat block eater like a good boy. Giving baby squirrels nuts is like giving human kids chocolate bars...they are not going to look forward to broccoli after they find out what chocolate tastes like :D

cam
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi, i was just wondering if the rat pellets are suitable for long term feeding of a grey? as i'm also in england and finding it hard to find the right food for my girl

cam
11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
thanks very much, i am trying to wean her off the nuts and seeds as that is what i have been mainly feeding her since i have had her (didn't know better) will go and buy some asap