PDA

View Full Version : Maggots! please read

HHRP
09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Please get Capstar and keep on hand for emergencies. Luckily, Henrys sent me 2 Capstars with my Fox Valley order the other day, just incase I were to ever need them. I got a call this weekend on a brother & sister that were covered in maggots. It was horrible. Thank god I had the Capstar & crushed it & administered with water. Works instantly, the maggots were coming out of every orfice in the poor baby squirrels. If you don't have this med on hand get it! I can't imagine not having the med on hand what I would have done.

Rhapsody
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Good to Hear --YOU learned SOONER than LATER....... :thumbsup :thumbsup

HHRP
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I hope that was the first and last time I get a squirrel that is covered in maggots, the poor things, but we gotta do what we gotta do!

Pierre
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Does Henry's sell Capstar anymore?

I'm glad you had it on hand!

Rhapsody
09-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Does Henry's sell Capstar anymore?They generally do carry it, but they were selling it with FREE SHIPPING a few weeks back to make sure every one had some on hand --so atm they are OUT OF STOCK.
..... but I'm sure they will re-stock as soon as they get more IN!!

Pierre
09-25-2011, 09:47 PM
They generally do carry it, but they were selling it with FREE SHIPPING a few weeks back to make sure every one had some on hand --so atm they are OUT OF STOCK.
..... but I'm sure they will re-stock as soon as they get more IN!!

:thumbsup

stosh2010
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27141&page=359

This is a link to the Home made squirrel ladder-( that you requested) on Rama's thread--
It's simple , cheap and a must for curious squirrels

HHRP
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Stosh! Everyone should take a look, toilets are not squirrel friendly:shakehead

Jackie in Tampa
09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
how is everyone this AM Susan?
neato groovey ladder huh!!

HHRP
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah, wish I would have had the ladder with my first squirrel:shakehead. Well Maggy and brother are only eating 1 cc at a time and it is not freq. like q4hs. I am worried for them with no appetite.

donnyd
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I wish I would have found out about Capstar sooner I probably could have saved this poor baby squirrel I found Saturday which i found by a tree very weak.I didnt see anything until Sunday and he was covered underneath his belly,arms,and legs.I tried this site but told me to wait for transition period? Anyway I called a bunch of places and told me nothing so now he,s not here anymore.I hope this doesnt happen again!!

pappy1264
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I am sorry you lost that little one. In the future, they also sell it at petco, and I believe I have heard Walmart does as well.