PDA

View Full Version : Twitching

TheDoctorsCompanion
09-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Sometimes when oliver is alone in his box he'll stay still for a moment, then twitch suddenly knocking himself over. I'm not sure if this is a normal behavior or not. He seems just fine. Also, sometimes he twirls his tail in a circular motion. What is that?

Rhapsody
09-21-2011, 10:24 PM
What you are describing sounds like normal Squirrel behavior....... :thumbsup

stosh2010
09-22-2011, 06:36 AM
>>> BUMP >>>

CritterMom
09-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Just wait until he starts popping! The proper term is "pranging" but they look like a kernel of popcorn, sitting in a pan of fat, sitting, sitting, then suddenly POPPING straight up in the air! Sometimes there are flips involved. Often they will land and resume doing exactly what they were doing, looking blandly at you as you freak out at what you just witnessed.:shakehead

island rehabber
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
:D Just another of those entertaining services our squirrels provide....
I often see newly-released babies popcorning and pranging off tree trunks during those first few glorious minutes when they realize they are FREE. To me, it's worth millions....:tilt :Love_Icon

JakesLittlePrincess
09-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Just wait until he starts popping! The proper term is "pranging" but they look like a kernel of popcorn, sitting in a pan of fat, sitting, sitting, then suddenly POPPING straight up in the air! Sometimes there are flips involved. Often they will land and resume doing exactly what they were doing, looking blandly at you as you freak out at what you just witnessed.:shakehead :jump :jump
It's funny when the babies do it but when a very large adult does it is is side splitting. Our has done flips and cartwheels. Some of which was captures on video. I love when they get playful like that!