PDA

View Full Version : New Squirrel Mom

slhgnh
09-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the fantastic information that is here! I have had a squirrel for almost 4 weeks now and he seems to be doing great...the only concern I have is that his front right foot he wants to walk on his knuckles instead of his paw. I am a nurse and I have been doing range of motion exercises with it and he tolerates this very well. Nothing feels broken and he uses it well when holding food to nibble on. There is no bumbs or knots that you can feel. The only thing I can think of is when he fell with his brother (who sadly did not make it the first 24 hours) he may have broken it at the wrist. Any suggestions on how to help?

ALittleNutty
09-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Congratulations on joining the fun! It sounds like he is doing pretty good and the exercises should be good for him. There is another board member who does physical therapy on her babies too.

What is he eating? Diet may play the biggest factor in his injury healing correctly.

Best wishes on his continued growth and success!

astra
09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
welcome!:Welcome
Re: the feet question. Post your question as a separate thread in Non-Life Threatening help needed forum. This way you will get seen and replied to faster.
This forum is for Introductions only and posting questions here might not get a timely response.
and pictures, please!:)

slhgnh
09-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you both...I put up a picture by my name. This was taken at 4 weeks old. And on food he is on the Fox Valley. Will post more pictures soon. Thanks again!

astra
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you both...I put up a picture by my name. This was taken at 4 weeks old. And on food he is on the Fox Valley. Will post more pictures soon. Thanks again!
yeah... but that's not enough AT ALL!!!!:D :jump