PDA

View Full Version : Too much pooh?

Scooter the Squirrel
09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi, all.

Is it possible for a 6-7 week old grey squirrel to poop too much? (Approx. 50 pellets after a feeding last nite.) They were firm, the color good. It was pretty impressive for such a little guy.

Thanks, Scooter the Squirrel

island rehabber
09-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Hard to believe, but if that is true the animal was terribly backed up before that. What are you feeding him?

Scooter the Squirrel
09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks for getting back so fast.

We're using Esbilac with heavy cream. 1 part powder, 1 part cream, 2 parts water. He's also begun nibbling on avocado, apple, pear, green beans, and broccoli ( not all at the same feeding)

Thanks

PS: I'm checking into Fox Valley and how to mix Esiblac properly as per WildAgain.

island rehabber
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks for getting back so fast.

We're using Esbilac with heavy cream. 1 part powder, 1 part cream, 2 parts water. He's also begun nibbling on avocado, apple, pear, green beans, and broccoli ( not all at the same feeding)

Thanks

PS: I'm checking into Fox Valley and how to mix Esiblac properly as per WildAgain.

ok...if the Esbilac isn't giving him diarrhea then don't change what you're doing...but watch it. :nono Things can go very bad very quickly. If you are following the ewildagain directions (bless you, obviously you have a degree in process engineering :poke:D ) then you are 'probably' ok. It would be smart to have the FV on hand, however, in case he starts to have trouble with the Esbilac. Let's hope he keeps pooping on a regular basis :thumbsup.

Scooter the Squirrel
09-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks again.

I'll order some FV now -- some HHB, too. This is our first time and we're learning on the fly here. So glad we found this board.

Take care,
Scooter the S.

island rehabber
09-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks again.

I'll order some FV now -- some HHB, too. This is our first time and we're learning on the fly here. So glad we found this board.

Take care,
Scooter the S.

:thumbsup Your squirrel is really better off in the long run being on Fox Valley, and HHb's too!