PDA

View Full Version : what solids?

iluvbabysquirrels
09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
What kind of solids should u start feeding them? i already have the blocks* I saw this chart and if anyone knows it could u put it down? thank you sooo much!

Answers ASAP please! thanks!

astra
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17557

http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28009

iluvbabysquirrels
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much! exept one thing... She is still eating formula... what should I do?

SammysMom
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Keep giving her formula til she won't take it any more! Blocks are in addition to formula.

astra
09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you so much! exept one thing... She is still eating formula... what should I do?
let her eat formula for as long as she will take it. Do not wean her off it. Let her wean herself. and even then, try to sneak formula into her menu (e.g., ppl mix it with yogurt, or their favorite food, sprinkle on food, make BooBalls etc).
Formula is their insurance against MBD and malnutrition.

I don't know how old she is, but let her eat as much formula and for as long as possible.
Start introducing block(s).
When she completely stops eating formula, blocks will be sort of take place of it. But keep giving formula - there are some rather grown up squirrels who will still take formula. It's GOOD FOR THEM.;-)

iluvbabysquirrels
09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Ok she is still eating it and she eats blocks TOO. should I wait to give her blocks, or continue giving them to her and let her eat vegitables?

astra
09-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Ok she is still eating it and she eats blocks TOO. should I wait to give her blocks, or continue giving them to her and let her eat vegitables?
:thumbsup yes, continue giving blocks to her, and formula;-D
Let her eat both, formula and blocks. Once she solidly eats these two without fuss, start introducing good veggies

iluvbabysquirrels
09-11-2011, 02:11 PM
what about vegtables? should I wait?

astra
09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
what about vegtables? should I wait?
Let her eat both, formula and blocks. Once she solidly eats these two without fuss, start introducing good veggies ;-)

iluvbabysquirrels
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
ok that helps ALOT!!! thank you! any other tips people want to put down feel free to!