PDA

View Full Version : My Hubby Thinks I'm A Little Nutty

ALittleNutty
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes, I went totally gaga for squirrels! I am so glad I found TSB and have been busy reading many of the threads. There is a lot of knowledge and inspiration to be found in the posts.

As far back as I can remember I have always loved animals and actually liked them more than most people. Ill or injured critters seemed to always find me, and bless my mom and dad, they encouraged my compassionate nature.

I worked for a vet for a brief time and would have loved to continue but I started a family and decided to be a stay at home mom. My kids are now grown and I work from home so I have a flexible schedule which I love.

Right now the only animals I have are two very spoiled dogs. I am planning on getting a few chickens next spring after I finish building a proper coop and pen for them. We have a large yard and woods on two sides of our property. We have squirrels, coons, deer, possums, and armadillos that visit us. I am not sure if we have flying squirrels but I am going to set up some feeding stations in hopes of attracting them if there are any close by.

I found TSB last week after trying to locate some help with a little grey I had found. Unfortunately Itty Bitty didn't make it but just that brief time I had with him caused me to fall in love. Now I have the supplies on hand, a large release cage and the desire to help any more of these precious fur babies that may need my care.

There is a group fairly close and I am considering looking into volunteering with them and maybe getting licensed to rehab. I imagine with the storms we have here on the Gulf Coast they stay pretty busy.

Thanks for having this board and I look forward to learning more and sharing in the love of these beautiful animals.

astra
09-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Your Hubby is wrong and his perception is inaccurate: it cannot possibly be "a little", because when one falls for squirrels, it is ALL THE WAY with no chance of return to "the way it used to be"...:D
It was sad about Itty Bitty, but he fulfilled his little but important mission - to help you discover these amazing creatures.
Welcome to the club!:Welcome

Rescue04
09-10-2011, 10:07 PM
you should see possums!! they steal your heart so fast!!

ALittleNutty
09-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks ya'll for the welcome! LOL, yes I am totally nutty and I guess starting to suffer from empty nest syndrome since my kids are gone too. Baby possums are cute but boy what an attitude when they get grown.