PDA

View Full Version : Hello

daidreamz
09-10-2011, 09:39 AM
How is everyone? I have 2 babies that came from my backyard. From the looks of things a hawk or owl hit the nest taking mama and the the 2 littles fell with part of the nest to another tree. We heard them crying, but as they were too far up to reach (even) with a ladder we didn't know what to do. Squirrelly Pearly (female) took matters in her own hands and came out of the tree and walked right up to my son. Sugardy Bear (male) on the other hand spent all day up the tree before I convinced him to come down. They are doing well. Thankfully no injuries. They spend their time either in my hair (Squirrely) or in my pocket (Sugardy). Actually, Squirrely had taken over my pocket right now and is upside down with her tail poking out. From pictures and descriptions they look to be about 5 or 6 weeks old. We are nursing well and are starting on our rodent blocks. How long of eating rodent blocks before you introduce vegetables and such? They should be old enough to release back in late February, which is pretty nice weather around here. As soon as I am able to get pictures, I will post them.

lila01
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not an expert but wanted to say:Welcome !!! Glad u got the babies befor the big bad bird did! Lol you will love it here! So much info and help from people that truly care!!!!

daidreamz
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you. I love the dancing squirrel. I have been reading threads until my eyes have blurred.