PDA

View Full Version : Hello from 3 baby squirrels!

Juicey
09-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello I have been raising 3 orphaned squirrels for about 2-3 weeks now and they are doing excellent from the information that I found on this site. Just today one has opened one eye and they are getting really active! I feed them 4-5cc every 4 hrs and it seems like they are starving before the next feeding time; and suck on each others private parts. I have cats milk powder which i mix with cream and yogurt. It seems like im doing everything right but im just making sure and there's also some questions that i have. I can not find zupreem products in my area, so is it ok if i use science diet puppy dog food? Having all 3 males in one cage is this a bad idea? When should i start feeding some sort of hard food and fruit? If theres any other advice please let me know, Thanks

Ill upload some pictures later tonight :D

SammysMom
09-01-2011, 04:29 PM
:Welcome
Cat milk is not ok for squirrels. I will sen the goat's milk formula that is TSB recommended. Then you need to get Fox Valley formula specific to squirrels.

SammysMom
09-01-2011, 04:33 PM
http://foxvalleynutrition.com/prod/d...p?CID=1&PLID=1
Nicholas P. Vlamis, President (Nick)
(800) 679-4666
If you call in your order and tell him you need it quickly he'll be happy to oblige. He can ship to you regular post 3-5 days and overnight. He's very nice and very easy to work with.
In the meantime you will need to feed your baby a home-made formula, but please for the sake of the baby, do not feed this for more than 4-7 days. It's a great temporary replacer milk but it lacks certain vitamins and minerals that the babies need to thrive. This recipe will ensure that your baby will be well nourished until your order from Fox Valley arrives.

Jackie (Jackie in Tampa) has graciously offered her temporary replacement formula recipe.
Jackie's Goat Milk Recipe
1 cup goats milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup dannon all natural vanilla yogurt

Mix well and keep in a covered plastic or glass container in the refrigerator. Replace after 48 hours.
Please note, this website has several links that still mention Esbilac and we need to keep these links active as they do contain excellent information so please keep in mind that Fox Valley is now the formula of choice for raising baby squirrels.