PDA

View Full Version : Green Pecans

Ronda
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Can my Princess have green unripened pecans fresh from the tree?

momma2boo
08-30-2011, 06:17 PM
My associate at work was telling me how the squirrels have picked his pecan tree clean ... even the green ones.

Now, I'm not saying they ate them and I'm certainly not saying I would feed unrippened pecans to MY squirrel ... I am just passing along an observation.

However, this leads me to a question .... what is a good squirrel deterrant? My associate is pissed off over loosing his pecans and is ready to take it out on the squirrels, even though I tried to explain that they don't have the cognitive ability to realize that these pecans are HIS pecans and that they should leave them alone. LOL

Anyone know of a squirrel repellent?

CJStork
08-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Other than running around the tree beating on a pan...no...lol

I also have a pecan tree that the squirrels are loving and they are still green, most of them end up on the ground because they drop them...this brings up another issue, being bombed by those dropped pecans.

I love to watch them in the tree! It is not a grafted tree but the nuts are still pretty big. I just let them enjoy em.

However, I'm not sure just how good they are for the squirrelies.
cj

Rhapsody
08-31-2011, 03:39 AM
Other than running around the tree beating on a pan...no...lol

I can see the classified AD now......... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Jackie in Tampa
08-31-2011, 05:00 AM
Green Pecans give them rusty faces...
there is only one pecan tree for a hundred miles that I know of...and I steal as many as I can...:rotfl
the sqs love green pecans...

Jackie in Tampa
08-31-2011, 06:15 AM
dark urine too