PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Roll Tide Country

Thepatientone
08-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I hope this is ok to post, I have a male chipmunk we rescued from a cat last summer when it was a baby, he's been doing fine till latley he seems to be a little depressed, I think he needs a little girlfriend, I would be willing to travel 200 miles from zip code 35077 to pick one up, I've set a trap almost every day trying to catch one with no luck, the ones I've found for sale cost too much to ship something like $250 because they have to be shipped by airplane.

anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL

Big Thanks

Robert

Tickle's Mom
08-30-2011, 09:50 AM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

I'm in Gator Country :shakehead but am a DAWG fan :wott

I could have told you TRAPS DON'T WORK!:poke

You really don't want to catch a wild chipmunk and try to domesticate do you?

Thepatientone
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I like the braves :osnap

gs1
08-31-2011, 11:42 AM
i'm wondering if he can be released?

or maybe tickles moms chipmunk sanctuary she has in mind for her chipmunk flower could take him in?

welcome robert:Welcome

mpetys
08-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I hope this is ok to post, I have a male chipmunk we rescued from a cat last summer when it was a baby, he's been doing fine till latley he seems to be a little depressed, I think he needs a little girlfriend, I would be willing to travel 200 miles from zip code 35077 to pick one up, I've set a trap almost every day trying to catch one with no luck, the ones I've found for sale cost too much to ship something like $250 because they have to be shipped by airplane.

anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL

Big Thanks

Robert

Hi Robert. Welcome. War Eagle. Had to do it! I'm from Lincoln / Eastaboga / Anniston area.

I worry about what happens if you do catch a wild female and then end up with two depressed chipmunks. I know it may be hard to consider as you have raised your male since you saved him from the cat, but it may be in his best interests to be released so that he can live life as intended, as a wild chipmunk. I raised a eastern gray squirrel from two weeks old and I have kept him. His three brothers died and I grew very attached to him and kept him even though he was a perfectly healthy squirrel. He is now 19 months old and often times I feel bad about the wild life I kept from him. Don't get me wrong, he has a nice life as an inside squirrel, but I know in my heart, it is not anywhere as satisfying as if he were living out his destiny in the wild. I have kept an open mind to the fact that if he were to ever tell me he was miserable and wanted to be free, I would do a slow release and let him go.

Try posting in the chipmunk forum. There are lots of folks that have chipmunks as pets and I am sure they can better assess your situation and give you advice. Here is a link to the Chipmunk forum: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Good luck and WAR EAGLE!

Rianna
08-31-2011, 12:18 PM
:Welcome Robert!!!

Sorry I can't help you out with the chipmunk but I can help you out by yelling....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! :wahoo :D

:poke mpetys...no cussin'!!! :nono :rotfl

mpetys
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
:Welcome Robert!!!

Sorry I can't help you out with the chipmunk but I can help you out by yelling....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! :wahoo :D

:poke mpetys...no cussin'!!! :nono :rotfl

Is that what you call it? Down home, we call it rooting for the best team!

:jump :jump :jump :jump

Ok, confession here. I don't really care about football. And the whole Alabama / Auburn thing . . . I always rooted for the underdog. But I have two sisters who are alumni of Auburn so I sometimes feel the need to have that War Eagle pride! But I can shout out a ROLL TIDE ROLL on occasion! :D

Tickle's Mom
08-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Is that what you call it? Down home, we call it rooting for the best team!

:jump :jump :jump :jump

Ok, confession here. I don't really care about football. And the whole Alabama / Auburn thing . . . I always rooted for the underdog. But I have two sisters who are alumni of Auburn so I sometimes feel the need to have that War Eagle pride! But I can shout out a ROLL TIDE ROLL on occasion! :D

That's just wrong :poke

Rianna
08-31-2011, 02:36 PM
That's just wrong :poke

:rotfl soooo soooo wrong on many levels!!!

Seriously, I'm a Bama fan but once the game is over, it's over for me. I can't give details of who does what on the field, only who ends up with the highest score on the board:)
I love poking fun at the Awwwburrrrnnnn folks but (don't tell hubby on me lol) I have been known to silently root for them...once or twice!! :sanp3

Rescue04
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
my hubby's side is from alabama. at least his mom's side is. we still have family up there. i pray he does not see this!! lol....he is a huge tide fan.

Thepatientone
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
i'm wondering if he can be released?

or maybe tickles moms chipmunk sanctuary she has in mind for her chipmunk flower could take him in?

welcome robert:Welcome
if I turn him loose my grand kids would never speak to me again :shakehead

2ndHandRanchRescue
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM
:Welcome Hello there!
Its too funny - my co worker is a 'bama fan and I put on "O" on his liscense plate the other day - LOL He has "BAMA" on his plates and a "Roll Tide" holder. It was very funny - he drove around for 2 days with it on!! Welcome!

Thepatientone
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
I worked for long lewis hardware for 11 years as a delivery driver, been to Lincoln hardware many a times, went to driving school in Eastaboga some 13/14 years ago, never did find westaboga lol

anyway I don't really know that he is depressed he's just not as active as he used to be.

BTW thanks for the link

Hi Robert. Welcome. War Eagle. Had to do it! I'm from Lincoln / Eastaboga / Anniston area.

I worry about what happens if you do catch a wild female and then end up with two depressed chipmunks. I know it may be hard to consider as you have raised your male since you saved him from the cat, but it may be in his best interests to be released so that he can live life as intended, as a wild chipmunk. I raised a eastern gray squirrel from two weeks old and I have kept him. His three brothers died and I grew very attached to him and kept him even though he was a perfectly healthy squirrel. He is now 19 months old and often times I feel bad about the wild life I kept from him. Don't get me wrong, he has a nice life as an inside squirrel, but I know in my heart, it is not anywhere as satisfying as if he were living out his destiny in the wild. I have kept an open mind to the fact that if he were to ever tell me he was miserable and wanted to be free, I would do a slow release and let him go.

Try posting in the chipmunk forum. There are lots of folks that have chipmunks as pets and I am sure they can better assess your situation and give you advice. Here is a link to the Chipmunk forum: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Good luck and WAR EAGLE!

Thepatientone
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
:Welcome Hello there!
Its too funny - my co worker is a 'bama fan and I put on "O" on his liscense plate the other day - LOL He has "BAMA" on his plates and a "Roll Tide" holder. It was very funny - he drove around for 2 days with it on!! Welcome!
That's worse then animal cruelty :soapbox