PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload or post pictures on this site?

Squerly
01-07-2006, 02:46 PM
When posting pictures, you have a couple of options. You can:

Link to a picture that is already posted on the Internet somewhere or
Upload a picture that is stored on your computer.
To link on a picture that is already posted on the Internet somewhere, click on "Post Reply" to open a message box. The click on the http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif icon listed above the message box. An edit box will open so you can type in the location of the picture. (Here's a tip when linking to a picture that is already located somewhere on the Internet. Instead of typing the location of the file, do this instead. Right Click on the image in question. (you can do this on the image below if you want) From the menu box that opens, click on "Properties". It will probably be the very bottom selection. When the Properties Box opens, you will find the images Address, referred to as a URL. Copy this URL and then simply past it into the edit box.

To Link to a picture that is located on your computer somewhere you will need to click the "Go Advanced" button and follow these directions.

nutnbutlove
08-25-2006, 04:50 PM
I have noticed there are quite a few people who have trouble resizing images. If you have a legal version of windows XP you can go to http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
and install this program. Once installed all you need to do is right click on the picture file and choose resize. Its very simple to use. This is a addon the is put out by Microsoft. Hope this helps!:thumbsup

henrismom
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi, i'm not here even a month, but sure would like to be a good member of TSB. i must spend at least 4-5 hrs. a day at this site reading and looking at
the pictures. i feel like i'm getting some sea legs under me, i finally figured how to get off of the "Introduce Yourself" page. Don't laugh please..........
Had a Birth'd this past week, and when asked what do i want, "a ditigal camera" it can be my birth'd and Christmas gift....I really want to put a picture of Henri on this site. I think that he is so beautiful,(i'm his mom) i think
that every mom thinks that they have the cutest. My question is what is the
best camera to buy? Do i need to hook up the printer? Am i taking on too much? I read the article that is written here, but don't understand all the good information that is given. I have 2 books- -pc for dummies, and the
Windows book. You may not want to answer the question about what type of
camera to buy, i understand.
Love this site,love my Henri and love my huskey(she is beautiful) could i put a
picture of her here?(just to share) promise it would be only one.
Thank you for any help......

willydugas
11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
http://yahoo photos

MybabyRocky
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
thank you for the information!!!!:goodpost :alright.gif :thankyou

MybabyRocky
12-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Ok, it is me again...now I know how to send pictures with my email/reply. Now how can I upload that picture by de side of the name? The little picture...I want to show off my baby Rocky...:thinking

island rehabber
12-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Click on UserCP at the top of this page and enter your "profile" section -- follow the directions on uploading an avatar (the picture next to your name on every post).

Baby Rocky is adorable! You can start a thread for him under "Breed Specific -- Flying Squirrels" or in the "Nursery" section where you can have a whole series of pix of him as he grows. :) Oh, and :Welcome to the Squirrel Board!

Momma Squirrel
12-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Rocky is so cute, :Welcome to TSB. Hope to see lots of Rocky and hear lots from you.

thumper
12-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Thanks Nutnbutlove re-sizing WAS a real pain.....:smiley_pirate thumper

Momma Squirrel
12-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Great pix Thumper :thumbsup And you know my favorite is the flyer :crazy

MybabyRocky
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
:bowdown Thank you everyone for the welcome and replies...I will try to post my baby rocky picture. :grouphug :wave123

fudge_scrat_rust
06-10-2007, 01:18 AM
sorry just trying advise of your thread cute pic though

sugar_glider22
08-16-2007, 10:32 AM
thanks .i needed that:goodpost :thankyou

Feeze
08-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Okay, I'm seriously kickin' myself now. :o:shakehead I just now noticed this thread...

I have a few extra steps for some people who have asked how to add captions between their pictures. I'm sure I could use some editing, but here's a temporary solution to all who may be wondering.:dono

JudyB
08-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Feeze, thanks for posting that! :)
I posted pics earlier but inserted text to them 1st on my pc, then uploaded them.
Will try it next time...:thankyou

ransacklv
06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
this is just a test

Mrs. Byrd
10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
i upload my pictures very differently, through links. I normally send little roscoe's to facebook from my phone and just go to properties and get the direct link to them and do that. and if its a picture i didn't have on facebook i upload it on tinypic.com it makes it ALOT simplier to type between pictures and such :thumbsup

zorankaankaa
04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
My best friend :)

zorankaankaa
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
5 little boys

leenidia
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
does this work for a Mac?:dono
I have noticed there are quite a few people who have trouble resizing images. If you have a legal version of windows XP you can go to http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
and install this program. Once installed all you need to do is right click on the picture file and choose resize. Its very simple to use. This is a addon the is put out by Microsoft. Hope this helps!:thumbsup

CaseyB
01-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Here are some pictures. Testing down loading.

ndare
03-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Trying to figure out the picture posting
1st pic is 5-6 wks other 2 are 6-7 wks

ndare
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Ok I think I've got this now...this is one of the babies at 4wks ...such a sweet little baby looks like it saying it's prayers

Chips-mom
11-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Can you upload pictures directly to your profile instead of to a forum or specific thread?:thinking:thinking

CaseyB
11-19-2013, 05:56 PM
So cute! I don't know how to make the pictures small so I gave up down loading them.

Skul
11-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Can you upload pictures directly to your profile instead of to a forum or specific thread?:thinking:thinking
I'm not aware of that feature being present.

So cute! I don't know how to make the pictures small so I gave up down loading them.
If you do not have dedicated software, you can still do that in Windows Paint.
Go to Paint, find and open the pic you want. At the top left of the screen, click on "resize". In the window that pops up, make sure you click on the "Pixels" button, and that "maintain aspect ratio" is also checked. Enter a value in the "horizontal" box such as 600 or 800. Click "OK". Then go to the "save as", save as JPG, rename it slightly and hit "save". You now can attach it in TSB when logged in.

Chipmom
07-20-2016, 08:18 AM
I am having problems with even retrieving my photos. You see, I am in my iPhone, not computer. I don't have a computer at the moment. And when I get down to the section where pictures should be I have nothing. I cannot access them.
I go to manage attachments and I get nothing. Help

Charley
02-23-2017, 12:32 PM