PDA

View Full Version : any rehabber in the Tampa Bay Area? I have 2 babies.

Skalar
08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I found 2 babies after a co-worker cut into the nest in a palm tree (always seems to be the palm trees that have the hidden nests)

he said he saw a some blood as he cut into it, and I found a male with a foot injury and another male without injuries.

two boys, one has his foot mangled, he's missing a toe, the other one is just fine. I searched and searched frantically for an hour, but I couldn't find a 3rd squirrel. I hope this was a nest of only two.. I really tried to find a 3rd one.

I'm sorry to say I can't handle these guys (I already have 3 squirrels already, and they're a handful!) I don't have ANY formula, I have nothing.. is there anybody that can take them in?

they look about 2 weeks old. They're really cute.

http://gallery.skalar.org/var/resizes/Animals/2nd-litter/IMG_1341.JPG?m=1314533789
http://gallery.skalar.org/var/resizes/Animals/2nd-litter/IMG_1339.JPG?m=1314533789
http://gallery.skalar.org/var/resizes/Animals/2nd-litter/IMG_1340.JPG?m=1314533550

Tickle's Mom
08-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Re-post this in life threatening - I am trying to get someone for you who MAY can help but so far, no luck. Repost.

Tickle's Mom
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
I tried - NOBODY is answering. I re-posted for you in Life Threatening. I have to leave the office shortly so hopefully someone will help out:grouphug

Jackie in Tampa
08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
can you get them to south tampa?

Skalar
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
yes, I can get them there.

I hydrated them, they drank a bit, but I just don't have anymore formula...

the foot on one is pretty mangled. Its pretty black and blue , and I duno if it can be saved.

http://gallery.skalar.org/var/resizes/Animals/2nd-litter/IMG_1347.JPG?m=1314544397

Jackie in Tampa
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
come on..I have meds and a vet for tomorrow AM...
will try to send my addy via private messgae:thumbsup

Jackie in Tampa
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
sent!

Jackie in Tampa
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
they are on their way!:)

scoobysnack
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I just got to see this thread now. I'm not exactly in that area. Is everything ok? Do we have someone for them?

Skalar
08-26-2011, 09:21 PM
They're fine.. Jackie took them and it looks like they'll be in great hands.

again, thank you for helping me.. or should I say, helping them. :)

Jackie in Tampa
08-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Skalar...they are doing good!
Thank you
It appears he will be releasable...the color has returned to his foot..
Thank you for being fast...getting him on the ABs as quick as we did is going to be the difference ...his foot was BLACK the day after you brought them...he could have gone septic in a big hurry...
thank you from me and him and his brother!
They have been named...tootsie and dusty!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon

:thankyou :bowdown :thankyou :bowdown :thankyou

Mrs Skul
08-30-2011, 09:01 AM
:thankyou Skalar Thank you! For helping these 2 Little Angels. :grouphug
:wahoo Way to go Tickle's Mom, and Jackie! :alright.gif
You 3 are the Guardian Angels of the Squirrel Babies today! :thumbsup3
Good Luck with these 2 RollyPolly Healthy Little Boys. They are so cutie.:Love_Icon

iluvbabysquirrels
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
OMG you ppl are saints!!! you were so sweet to take them in and you were soo sweet to get them in the right hands!!! I was to the point of tears when I saw the one that hurt his foot...:eek:

stepnstone
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Skalar, thank you for taking them in and seeking help for them, you definetly came to the right place.
JIT, your a squirrel's saint for sure! :bowdown

SquirrellyMom
09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I just logged in for the first time in a while to look into taking in more. I missed this one but JIT you are amazing. I am going to pm you my number as I am down in the south hillsborough area if you need me.

Jackie in Tampa
11-28-2011, 05:17 AM
UPDATE
Chain and Dusty are still inside...they are both doing well.
Chain did lose his outside toe on his rear leg, hasn't affected anything except his tail...
I have seen doughnut tails in sqs that have had an injury...I think it's nerve damage when their tails curl up like a pug's....
Christines tail did this, Peetunia's tail too!
and now Chain's...
They are two super fun, super friendly kids...
we are just going into winter and they will most likely stay until spring...
however the trees are still very green, so there is a possibility that they be released...we'll see!
Thank you for saving them!
:thumbsup
:Love_Icon Chain and Dusty:Love_Icon
btw...:poke how are your two sqs doing?