PDA

View Full Version : Found HELP! baby squirrel that fell from its nest in montreal

c0c0nut0
08-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I need help asap. I found a little squirrel that is healthy but needs to be nursed untill he is older. I am unable to take care of the little one, first because i am not experienced and mainly because i am leaving montreal tomorrow morning for work and will ne be able to take care of him.

I need someone who can take care of the squirrel for me please!
hes really adorable, ive kept him warm and hydrated for now..

Thank you

Karine

mpetys
08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Karine,

I've sent a message to another member who I believe lives near Montreal. I have sent her a link to this thread and asked if she can help you with this baby or help you find someone that can. Hopefully she will be on soon. Her screen name is Scooterzmom. Or perhaps others may see this thread and can offer you help.

mpetys
08-08-2011, 12:17 PM
I just sent a message to another member who I believe is near you. Her screen name is Kristal. Hopefully someone will be logging on soon.

mpetys
08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I found another member who I think is in or near Montreal, Alex39 and sent a message. Hopefully someone will be posting soon.

c0c0nut0
08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks so much for your help michele! my fingers are crossed!

mpetys
08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks so much for your help michele! my fingers are crossed!

I have just sent you a PM (private message). To retrieve your message, look up above this post on the right hand side and click on Private Messages. Then you can click on my message. ScooterzMom sent a name and telephone number of a vet tech for you to call. I don't know any more than that. If this vet tech rehabs or knows people that do. Call the person and explain the situation and that you are looking for someone to rehab the baby; make sure whoever takes her is going to do this and not euthanize. ScooterzMom's name is Mitch.

Let us know how it goes. Oh, Scooterzmom also gave me the name of another member who is in your area so I have just sent a message to her asking if she might be able to help or help you find a rehabber. Her name is whopoopwrasse.

MiriamS
08-08-2011, 01:11 PM
:thinking where's Whopoopwrasse? Seems like she'd be a good bet.

mpetys
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
:thinking where's Whopoopwrasse? Seems like she'd be a good bet.

She just wrote me back and unfortunately, she has a family member that she is tending to and cannot take a baby on at this time.

mpetys
08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
c0c0nut0 (karine), please let us know if you made contact with the vet tech who's info I sent you. Hoping that leads somewhere. I would take him if you were here or I were there!!!!

c0c0nut0
08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Michele,

I did call, and i just came back from dropping the little one off. Madia and the clinic will help rehabilitate him. Thank you so much! you helped save his life! i really appreciate it!

Karine

mpetys
08-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Michele,

I did call, and i just came back from dropping the little one off. Madia and the clinic will help rehabilitate him. Thank you so much! you helped save his life! i really appreciate it!

Karine

Oh this is wonderful news. Thank you to ScooterzMom also for giving us Madia's name and number. And thank you Karine for taking the time to care for this little one, keeping him warm and hydrated and seeking help! He is a cutie!

Kristal
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for PMing me, Mpetys. I just saw this thread! What a little darling, and I would surely have made some space... somehow.... for him over here. I am so glad that you found a good placement for him :) Hugs :grouphug :Love_Icon

Scooterzmom
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi Michele,

Karine
OMG! What a precious little darling!!!!!!!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon I'm sooooo glad the number worked out. :flash3 With all the preparations for the move it's a madhouse in here at the moment - a cow wouldn't find her calf I think and I sure wish I had already been in my new house and able to take care of him myself.

Michele, thanks for contacting me and helping save that baby's life. I'm not online as much these days but y'all keep me posted on his progress, please.

Flo
08-11-2011, 12:26 AM
i just see this post .
i would like to say to people who live in Montreal than from this spring, the SPCA of Montreal works with people who try to do something to help orphan babies squirrels, they have Fox Valley, seringes, nipples , cages , heating pad . They work with youngs vets just graduate who have a lot of compassion for animal and are happy to help .
if you find a baby squirrel in Montreal and you need help to take care of the baby , need an advise or if you want to find somebody to take care of the baby for you go to the SPCA of Montreal .
Wonderfull people give their time to help and do their best to help.
Also , if people from Montreal have time and want to help , I will give you the telephon number of the personne in charge .
Please contact me if you are interrested to be a part of this wonderfull team, or if you want to know more .

i,m a licenced rehabber from NYC , and work with I.R.

mpetys
08-11-2011, 12:45 AM
i just see this post .
i would like to say to people who live in Montreal than from this spring, the SPCA of Montreal works with people who try to do something to help orphan babies squirrels, they have Fox Valley, seringes, nipples , cages , heating pad . They work with youngs vets just graduate who have a lot of compassion for animal and are happy to help .
if you find a baby squirrel in Montreal and you need help to take care of the baby , need an advise or if you want to find somebody to take care of the baby for you go to the SPCA of Montreal .
Wonderfull people give their time to help and do their best to help.
Also , if people from Montreal have time and want to help , I will give you the telephon number of the personne in charge .
Please contact me if you are interrested to be a part of this wonderfull team, or if you want to know more .

i,m a licenced rehabber from NYC , and work with I.R.

Thank you Flo. I am going to save this information in case the need comes up again. We do have several members from the area but due to personal situations, they were not able to help. I think one could have helped but help had already been found through a name and number contact of a vet tech that was provided by ScooterzMom.

I hope those in Montreal see this post as they might want to learn more about the SPCA of Montreal. Thanks for posting this information.

Jackie in Tampa
08-11-2011, 05:02 AM
:bowdown yippie...

AdamM
04-21-2012, 06:21 PM
NEED HELP ASAP !!!

It was raining and a mother was trying to move her babies. She left one on the hill and 20 minutes later the dog I was walking found it. Eyes open partly. It was crying until I picked it up. I left my shirt and put it on it under the tree with the nest.

I came back 2 hours later with a new cloth and a hot water bottle for underneath it. The baby is still alive.

So far I guess I'm doing the right thing. Once it gets dark I'm taking the baby back to my apt and bringing back to the tree at dawn. But I need someone to take the squirrel and rehydrate it or raise it a little if necessary. And it's Saturday, going on Sunday -- so it's an emergency!

I just registered and the forum won't allow me to PM anyone on this thread.
Thanks,
Adam

AdamM
04-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh, I live in the Montreal area. The squirrel I found on McGill Campus. I live on St Laurent Blvd, not far away.

Scooterzmom
04-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Hold on, I'm trying to get you some help!

iwonka
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh, I live in the Montreal area. The squirrel I found on McGill Campus. I live on St Laurent Blvd, not far away.

Hi Adam.. I live in Kirkland..Boul. St-Charles/40.. Can you bring it to me please?

AdamM
04-21-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't know, if I can get the bus schedule correct, sure.

But can't the baby can be reunited with its mother if someone gets it to survive the night?

It can be put back tomorrow morning at the tree below the (damaged?) nest during the daylight?

iwonka
04-21-2012, 06:48 PM
I've just Realized That Astra lives very close to Adam :D
I called two of them and no one answers ... Maybe they are already talking ..

Scooterzmom
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I've just Realized That Astra lives very close to Adam :D
I called two of them and no one answers ... Maybe they are already talking ..
Let us hope so.

iwonka
04-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Adam decided to try to reunite the baby with her ​​mother again tomorrow.
As for now, the baby is in his house .. heated and hydrated.

Adam thank you for your generosity!

Scooterzmom
04-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Good news. Nice job Iwonka. Let's just pray the om can find her baby tomorrow. :grouphug

astra
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Sorry, didn't know about this thread.
Iwonka, sorry - I didn't realize that I left my phone in another room and didn't hear it ring - was too busy writing my paper.

Adam, if the re-union does not work, I can take the baby from you, because I might be closer to you than Iwonka. I could meet you on campus, you mean the downtown campus, right? not the McDonald campus (just making sure).

Nancy in New York
04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Adam, I fear you trying to reunite this baby with the mother, if you have to leave an eyes opened baby out and exposed to predators and the elements.
I saw that you tried yesterday for 2 hours and returned to the site....I think you were really lucky he was still there.
Is it possible that you can just stick very close by and watch.
I think the risks of this baby either walking away from the spot, looking for help....or a predator are much too great.
Unless you can stay right there and watch, and see that the baby does not take/crawl off, and that there are no dogs, cats, children, or hawks around that would disturb it....I would just get the baby to a rehabber.:shakehead
Oh and thank you for watching out for him and taking him in.

iwonka
04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Nancy, yesterday was a rainy day in Montreal ... Perhaps this is why the mother did not return for the baby. Adam will try again today ... maybe he is already there .... He will supervise the baby.
I look forward for his call.

A nice guy who cares !! :thumbsup :grouphug

Pip
04-22-2012, 08:31 AM
:grouphug Raining and COLD :thinking (only 2°C)! Please do not wait too long :Love_Icon :grouphug

iwonka
04-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I didn't realized it's so cold :sanp3 ... just talked to Adam.. We decided to keep the baby.
He will call Astra.
Now, waiting for pictures. :D

Nancy in New York
04-22-2012, 11:15 AM
I didn't realized it's so cold :sanp3 ... just talked to Adam.. We decided to keep the baby.
He will call Astra.
Now, waiting for pictures. :D

I'm sad for baby and mama, but I honestly feel this is the right decision....:grouphug You guys are the best!

ali
05-14-2012, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=iwonka]Hi Adam.. I live in Kirkland..Boul. St-Charles/40.. Can you bring it to me please?[/QUO

Hi - my girlfriend found a baby squirrel - she is in the Dorval area - can you help?

iwonka
05-15-2012, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=iwonka]Hi Adam.. I live in Kirkland..Boul. St-Charles/40.. Can you bring it to me please?[/QUO

Hi - my girlfriend found a baby squirrel - she is in the Dorval area - can you help?

Send me your phone number please at kimusiek at gmail dot com.